Thread: DOD/AFM delete.

DOD/AFM delete.

Is there a list of steps for Delete DOD after all parts removed? Also cats deleted Off highway vehicle.

2010 5.3 headers,cold air intake Thanks for any help

Senior Tuner
    Setting the DOD switch to disable will generally make it ignore the solenoid codes too. Although my OCD makes me set P3400, 3401, 3425, 3441, 3449 to No Error Reported.

Hope you changed the cam too.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Setting the DOD switch to disable will generally make it ignore the solenoid codes too. Although my OCD makes me set P3400, 3401, 3425, 3441, 3449 to No Error Reported.

Hope you changed the cam too.
    You MUST disable those codes or its gonna run like pure crap and have a CEL. Its required...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    You MUST disable those codes or its gonna run like pure crap and have a CEL. Its required...
    What I'm saying is on the few I tested it on just setting the DOD switch to disable will NOT allow the codes to set. Even if not set to NER. And the reason it won't run right is because when it sets a solenoid code for a cylinder doesn't fire the injector for that cylinder.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    What I'm saying is on the few I tested it on just setting the DOD switch to disable will NOT allow the codes to set. Even if not set to NER. And the reason it won't run right is because when it sets a solenoid code for a cylinder doesn't fire the injector for that cylinder.
    OK. The ones that I have had to go behind and fix needed those codes disabled because the solenoids were removed. I just make it a point to just set those to NER. Not trying to challenge your knowledge or anything.

Yes changed camshaft also. thanks for the help. I hope by these changes it allows it to go into closed loop.. Fuel system status was showing OL fault
    Ill know in a few minutes Thanks again

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RicksPerf View Post
    Yes changed camshaft also. thanks for the help. I hope by these changes it allows it to go into closed loop.. Fuel system status was showing OL fault
    Ill know in a few minutes Thanks again
    If it is in OL Fault then see what codes are set.

OL fault is gone o2s back online. dealing with a intermittent very high idle. Idles nice no vacumn leaks then jab the throttle and wont come down . stays at 2500 rpm Tps indicates throttle blades closed. desired idle is 600. Then shut it off and restart,goes up to 2500 again. Shut off again and restart,all is good again.
    Idles at 600 throttle works normally. only fault code is p0507.

Senior Tuner
    Try doing a throttle clean reset with the scanner.

Ive done that. Here are 2 log files. one shows the hanging throttle after the throttle blip .The other is right after where idle is normal. It looks like the desired throttle angle hangs up even though the app returns to idle position. ??
    Attached Files Attached Files