Thread: Segment swapper grayed out

Potential Tuner

Segment swapper grayed out

I?m swapping my 1995 S10 with a 2001 6.0 out of a Silverado. I?m super new to this tuning stuff been watching a lot of videos on how too?s. I?m putting a T56 behind this engine which the pcm was originally tuned for a 4L80. I wanted to do segment swap to get all the data for the manual from a 2001 LS1 Camaro but the segment swap option is grayed out why?.... I have deleted all the VATD and have modified the MIL DTC section in my tune. I still need to tune for a Tick performance street heat stage 3 cam and 630cc Bosch injectors. I changed the flow rate vs. KPA but I don?t know where to enter the rest of the injector data. Please help me get this tune straight going to trying start my engine soon

The segment swap is more for auto to auto stuff but I guess you could try it for auto to manual.

Both OS's must be the same. So whatever camaro OS you are trying to use, it must match the OS that is on the truck computer. If that is not possible you will have to look for a manual truck file from a 4.8/5.3/6.0 truck from the same year/OS.

And if that is not possible, you could just flash the computer you have with a manual tune with a GM tool and license that file. Or even just forget the whole segment swap stuff, leave the transmission select as 4L80e, disable all trouble code for the transmission and disable all abuse modes within the calibration file. It will run fine if you do that.

If the bosch injectors didn't come with a spread sheet with data, good luck I guess. At a minimum you need to change the injector flow rate, short pulse adder, minimum injector pulse and offset vs volts. Most quality injectors from vendors come with all that data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Technical Data
    Coil Resistance: 12Ohms / High Impedance(NO RESISTOR BOX NEEDED)
    Flow matched 2%
    Static Flow Rate:630 cc/min @ 43.5PSI ( 300kPa )
    Static Flow Rate:60lb/hr @ 43.5PSI ( 300kPa )
    Gain: 0.12ms/MG
    Offset: 0.055ms
    Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms
    Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 300KPa
    Amperage: 1.0 Amps
    Pressure: Min 30PSIG/ Max 100PSIG

This the data that got with the injectors, does this look like what I need?

Nope.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Do you have an example of what I’m looking for?

Potential Tuner
    I think I found the data I need for these injectors they are apparently the same as the Shelby GT500 ones Bosch #0280158298

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to shed some light as far as the segment swapper option being greyed out. don't know if this was the issue, but you must open a compare file first. With a compare file opened the option now will be available.