Thread: 2005 Mustang gt 3v wont stay running because of fuel trims

2005 Mustang gt 3v wont stay running because of fuel trims

Hello everyone, (work being done outside of Paris France)

Was given a 2005 mustang gt from a client who just rebuilt the car from an insurance total. the car would not hold an idle or take throttle response when given to us. I changed out the o2 sensors upstream and downstream, new mas airflow sensor, cleaned out the catalytic converters, and put a stock 05 tune from hp tuner repository on it.

The problem that I am having is that the car is running super rich and I have no LTFT and my STFT is maxed out at 66% before dropping way in the negatives before killing the motor. WTF

I have turned off the rear sensors and unplugged the upstream ones to get the car to idle and have great throttle response until the STFT drops to negative numbers and kills the motor. I have checked for vacum leaks and found none.(yet)

I am at a loss and getting tired of going home and smelling raw fuel in my sinus cavity all night
    20-02-12 12-10-52.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Have you verified it has the stock injectors in it?

unplug the vacuum hose to the fuel rail pressure sensor and see/smell if gas is in there. these frps's are known to rupture and bleed gas back in thru the vacuum line causing extremely rich conditions

Advanced Tuner
    if the front o2s are unplugged its going to freak out every time it goes in to closed loop

unplugging the o2's when you know you have fuel issues is about the worse thing you can do
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Thanks Sportinawoody,
    checked it and it does smell of gas and the car ran a little better with the vacum line plugged off. Have one on order will let you know if it helps. Thank again cause i never would have thought of that.

Thanks Ben,
    I did check and they are stock ones.

so did the FRPS fix the rich issue ?