Thread: Can't enable/disable LNF catalyst heating anymore, since updating my VCM suite today?

Can't enable/disable LNF catalyst heating anymore, since updating my VCM suite today?

Hi,
    I just updated my VCM suite today, 1st update that I have done in 13 months.
    While comparing some LNF files, I couldn't find, enable/disable catalyst heating, I believe that it was in the GENERAL tab?
    Is this something that HPTuners took away?
    When comparing, it shows this to be in the EXHAUST tab, which is a TAB that we don't have for LNF tuning?

Thanks, if you know the answer to this, I just hope that I'm not losing my mind LOL
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    my lnf files all show these tabs:
    Idle
    airflow --> general / variable cam / turbocharger / supercharger
    exhaust --> (catalyst heating toggle lives here all by itself)
    fuel --> general / power enrich / temperature control / cutoff defco
    spark --> advance / retard
    torque model --> (optimum torque and torque to load live here... torque to load was formerly called the desired airload table (dal))
    torque management --> general / sc/tc boost control
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Yea i'm not going crazy...LOL
    I don't have an EXHAUST tab anymore after updating my VCM suite today.
    I have all of the other tabs with all of the sub-tabs that you listed.

Maybe HPTuner had to delete this because of some EPA emission law issue?

I have saved files that have catalyst heating disabled, so it is a non issue for me to rework files.
    But, anyone just getting into 'tuning' the LNF with HPTuner, won't have this option to work with, & they will have to live with that crazy cold startup.
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    i just downloaded the beta today to test your theory. uninstall the program and try the beta software again
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Software can be so strange at times...

I had used the HPTuner 'repair' function when uploading VCM suite as I couldn't scan.
    I then was able to scan & write, but was missing the EXHAUST tab?

Uninstall, & reloading was the key to getting the EXHAUST tab back?

Thank You very much Sir...