Thread: 2012 Sierra 5.3 6l80e humbly requesting help

Potential Tuner

2012 Sierra 5.3 6l80e humbly requesting help

Truck is a 2012 Sierra
    5.3 engine

CAI/Shorty headers/NO cats/full 2.5" exhaust true duals xpipe

3:73 Gears 33" tires

6l80E trans

I have been watching and studying for a while now, I have done what I can in my limited experience.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm not afraid to learn really just need pointed in the right direction

Thanks

new.hpt

What do you need help with?

What is or isn't the truck doing?

I highly suggest you turn the transmission torque mngt back on. If you don't know how the 6L80e operates, you are going to hurt the transmission by removing all the torque mngt. It needs TM to function correctly and to not hurt the internals.

Here is a 2012 tune of mine, use what you want from it. I'm running stock size tires and 3.42 gears just for your information. So don't change anything related to shift mph speeds and stuff.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply, I will turn on TM on trans.

The truck is actually doing okay as far as I can tell, I am just trying to wet my feet with the tune as I have a box chock full of parts to delete the dod and vvt + a mid range cam.
    I will use your file to learn from, I'm a hands on guy, and if I can build an engine from the block up, I am going to at least attempt to learn to tune my own stuff.

Again, the help is much appreciated.

Let me know if I can assist you any?? I have some nice tricks up my sleeve for Throttle Input among other things!

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner

Back again

okay so i'm back i've completed the dod vvt delete and added a comp 226/226 598/598 @113 cam this is the tune im going to try to get it going initially any input would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files