Thread: 2015 Procharger Mustang GT 5K cutoff

2015 Procharger Mustang GT 5K cutoff

So I was brought this procharged Mustang and put FRRP 47 injectors and a Powermax BAP. Idle and part throttle run great but when I go WOT I hit a wall at 5k rpm. I haven't run into this issue before and I'm banging my head against the wall and need some help. When I run into the issue the injector duty cycle only shows 80% at 5200rpm before it starts to break up. Car would previously show insufficient fuel warning before adding the BAP and push injector duty cycle at 125%. Car also has headers. So procharger with stock pulley, LU47 injectors, BAP, and headers. Here's the latest log and tune.

Black One 12.hpt
    20-02-12 13-19-57.hpl
    RAW Racing in Tampa, Fla.
    Providing custom LS tuning and performance upgrades.

Try raising your MAP max delta above baro to appropriate pressure for a supercharger. It's under the speed density tab, table 44351.

I just noticed your torque tables aren't setup for boost quite correctly. The load axis should be rescaled.
    Last edited by Witt; 02-12-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Which torque table are you specifically referring to?

Oh sorry my fault for not explaining. Your torque tables as in rpm vs airload at stoich and mbt. The torque model tables. You adjustd the torque values but not the load axis and the corresponding inverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    Oh sorry my fault for not explaining. Your torque tables as in rpm vs airload at stoich and mbt. The torque model tables. You adjustd the torque values but not the load axis and the corresponding inverse.
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. I had kinda figured that out. I changed the axis on those tables but it didn?t help. I?m going to look into mechanical problems at this point.
    RAW Racing in Tampa, Fla.
    Providing custom LS tuning and performance upgrades.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RawRacing View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. I had kinda figured that out. I changed the axis on those tables but it didn?t help. I?m going to look into mechanical problems at this point.
    It doesn't seem like you have the correct understanding of how the torque/inverse torque tables work.... I would undo any changes you've done to those.

That said if you had no issues with the tune before and car ran fine, then suddenly now have issues you're probably right about it being a mechanical problem.

Hope you get it resolved.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    47lb injectors are entirely too small for a boosted otherwise stock coyote
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    It doesn't seem like you have the correct understanding of how the torque/inverse torque tables work.... I would undo any changes you've done to those.

That said if you had no issues with the tune before and car ran fine, then suddenly now have issues you're probably right about it being a mechanical problem.

Hope you get it resolved.
    It wasn?t tuning related. Broken spark plug and a boost leak. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    47lb injectors are entirely too small for a boosted otherwise stock coyote

That?s not what Lund says and wasn?t the case at all. It was a mechanical problem. Broken spark plug and a boost leak.

Advanced Tuner
    47 * 1.25 * 1.6 * 8 * 0.8 == 601rwhp

a boosted coyote will make 600rwhp minimum. You definitely should have larger injectors otherwise you have 0 safety factor.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/