Thread: Bolt-on Tune to learn from

Bolt-on Tune to learn from

I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 5.3 6sp. The only mods done to the truck right now is intake, 2pc driveshaft and cat back exhaust. I had a diablo predator hand held tuner and I really liked the performance tune, I could tell the difference from stock. I decided to upgrade to HP Tuners because I want to convert the truck to flex fuel and some other stuff that will come in the future. I am hoping to learn as much as I can about HP Tuners. I have watched tons of videos and read until my eyes bleed.

The reason for this post was to ask if anyone had a good safe tune for my truck, so I can learn from it, but also gain some performance back. By reverting the truck back to stock tune to install hp tuners, it feels slow as crap. I searched the forums and didn't find any tunes for it. I did read I need to turn off DOD/AFM, but that was about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you don't have a tune and just have suggestions that would be great to! As of right now the only thing on my to-do list is DOD:disable.

Advanced Tuner
    Save your stock file and upload the diablo tune again. Read the truck with the diablo tune and save that file as well. Now you can compare the files and learn a bit off that.
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Got your PM and replied

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy305 View Post
    Save your stock file and upload the diablo tune again. Read the truck with the diablo tune and save that file as well. Now you can compare the files and learn a bit off that.
    Thanks I wasn't sure if HP could do that

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCfast View Post
    Thanks I wasn't sure if HP could do that
    Id love to see that file with the diablo applied to compare to my stock 2014 Silvy 5.3/6Spd file.

Honestly the diablo tune is barley better then stock