Thread: Wide band Bung Install Question

Tuner in Training

Wide band Bung Install Question

I just bought a set of londtuge headers for my c6 z06 and I am looking to get another bung onto it to monitor a wideband sensor. I haven't test fit to see the best place to put it that fits with the setup, but I want placed it before the cat extension piece that you can see on the attached photo right after the collector. So I think the safes bet would be right behind the narrowband o2 sensor but I wanted to ask here if that would be a bad idea due to airflow? Also would it be more ideal to move the wideband to the first sensor and put the narrowband behind it?

vbv0z1b_817804352c08267bb75dfdf9f014b2d2c13a0355.png

Thanks

I weld one right behind the narrowband before, it worked just fine. Offset it just a little if possible to give it a more direct path.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I am prob overthinking it but figured its best to do some research before its set in stone and welded in.

Tuner
    Before you weld it in place. Put the header in temporary and make sure the sensor is going to clear at your desired location. My kooks headers came with a wideband bung and the sensor has very little clearance. My header has to come loose to replace it. Mine isn't a vette, but you get my point.
    Last edited by ABADZL1; 02-13-2020 at 07:47 AM.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

problem with the stock location in that pic is it's picking up more of just the one cylinder since it's so close to it, less of the other three. Most have the main port farther back. I put mine about 12" back in the extension pipe, it will be more of an average of the 4.

Header_02.jpg
    Last edited by 10_SS; 02-13-2020 at 12:12 PM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuner
    I do prefer it in the connection pipe also. I've put a wideband in their before, it made no difference on my car. The merge spike is way forward of both sensors