Thread: E67 Crate Motor Idle Tuning--Help!

Tuner in Training

E67 Crate Motor Idle Tuning--Help!

(Re-Posting to the correct forum...)

Hey, Folks! I'm a noob to HPT but experienced with other EFI systems. I've got an E67 controller that came with the 525hp LS3 crate engine ('67 Impala with a 4L80e using a standalone TCI controller). The engine now has a roots blower on it and runs great, but I've got some idle hunting issues and it will sometimes die when dropping into gear from P or N (generally when the engine is hot, not cold). I've been reading as much as I can find on idle tuning and watched several videos. I'm running VCM Editor v4.4.4 and the ECU shows OS: 12638778.

What I'm looking for is the STIT and LTIT channels so I can look at what the ecu is trying to do from an airflow standpoint. I've set the Base Setpoint table, Max Setpoint and Min RPM Ref. I made a minor change to the Airflow Final Minimum table but don't see much change there. It would really help to have the STIT and LTIT channels to see what's going on. In the Scanner, I've tried repolling for Supported Parameters but I just can't find these (or anything like them) in the list. Any suggestions?

If these aren't available for this ECU or OS, what are your suggestions for measuring idle airflow and for making changes to the target? When I dropped the Airflow Final Minimum table, it really didn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions for attacking the stall when dropping into gear?

Many thanks in advance!

G

The Minimum airflow should do the trick... But you need to Increase those numbers, and sometimes by 25-50% depending on the set-up.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by WAK View Post
    The Minimum airflow should do the trick... But you need to Increase those numbers, and sometimes by 25-50% depending on the set-up.

Thanks, WAK.

Do you happen to have any info whether the STIT and LTIT channels are available in the E67 OSs? Sure would make it easier to know what is needed

I'm currently trying to pull down the idle speed--that should mean reducing the Minimum Airflow numbers, not increasing, right?

THANKS

G