Thread: G8 moving to LS7 MAF

G8 moving to LS7 MAF

I notice when I'm in the staging lanes my IAT's sky rocket. By the end of the run they are not much better. I broke it out to a few different locations and still notice a discrepancy. I've been reading about the LS7 card style. Some say the iat reacts quicker and or instantly when the blade opens. Anybody have experience in this dept? I know I won't gain any power, just trying to get faster response.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes it does. Copy the IAT tables from a Corvette and retune the MAF. Temps recover VERY FAST. I have a G8 with a Vararam. Make sure you put a screen on it. Inbox me and I can send a parts list. Ive been running this setup for about 4 or 5 years.
    Last edited by jaydubb71; 02-13-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Rescale MAF along with iat, screen is a good idea, will smooth out the MAF HZ

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Rescale MAF along with iat, screen is a good idea, will smooth out the MAF HZ
    I cant remember which direction I went with the MAF scaling. Its been a while. But its worth the swap...
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Thanks. I'm trying to find a Vararam for sale. Already got the MAF parts sitting in the shopping cart on summit. And already took the liberty to modify a tune. I used 2011 camaro scaling and added 5% to the MAF table to start. Is the Corvette one any different? Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Srblacks13 View Post
    Thanks. I'm trying to find a Vararam for sale. Already got the MAF parts sitting in the shopping cart on summit. And already took the liberty to modify a tune. I used 2011 camaro scaling and added 5% to the MAF table to start. Is the Corvette one any different? Thanks.
    No not really. I just used the Corvette table.

Where to get the screen? I've seen some people use them and some don't. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Srblacks13 View Post
    Where to get the screen? I've seen some people use them and some don't. Thanks.
    Saxonpc.com 100mm. Do you have the parts for the tube and couplers?

I do not yet. I have them in the shopping cart waiting on the summit website. Spectre 9705 and 9771, or so I have read.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    I cant remember which direction I went with the MAF scaling. Its been a while. But its worth the swap...
    Larger MAF tube/housing will report a lower Hz for same given airflow.. so you must always RAISE the values

14 Gen 5 Viper

Which values? I modified the iat values. Do I need to modify htz also? Thanks.

MAF should always be Calibrated on every setup.. so yes

14 Gen 5 Viper

OH, yeah I know that. I thought you meant something else. Thanks