Thread: SOI Theory Exercise

SOI Theory Exercise

In order to form a better mental picture of these DI injection timing limits I put together a graphic to show how it falls within a couple crank rotations. I'm hoping for some input to correct my mistakes and educate myself and others. All of this is based off a stock tune from a 2017 Camaro SS 6.2 LT1

I was able to find the cam specs, but had trouble determining the ICL and lift at .006". What I found was the cam is parked +7deg advanced and has a 116.5deg LSA. For these calculations I assumed the parked ICL is 109.5. Another question I had was regarding the relationship of the "intake cam angle" in the tune to crank degrees, i.e. does 9 in the table equate to 18deg at the crank?

Inj timing.PNG
    Last edited by evolmotorsprt; 02-18-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    360 max when the cams retarded at about 8/9 degrees. No earlier than 350 everywhere else.

Any reason in particular you're trying to spray earlier than stock?
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

set the whole table to 280 and log some data

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyChevy305 View Post
    360 max when the cams retarded at about 8/9 degrees. No earlier than 350 everywhere else.

Any reason in particular you're trying to spray earlier than stock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    set the whole table to 280 and log some data
    I bit the bullet and bought the Calibrated Success Gen V series. I'd recommend it to anyone struggling with connecting the dots on this platform.
    Last edited by evolmotorsprt; 02-18-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by evolmotorsprt View Post
    I bit the bullet and bought the Calibrated Success Gen V series. I'd recommend it to anyone struggling with connecting the dots on this platform.
    Awww, thanks man! Seriously, it's nice to hear customers finding our explanations of this stuff useful. DI has a LOT of layers of control going on, so it can be easy to get confused. We really try to break it down to the basics of each "layer" if you will, to make it digestible. Here's wishing even more success in your project.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Awww, thanks man! Seriously, it's nice to hear customers finding our explanations of this stuff useful. DI has a LOT of layers of control going on, so it can be easy to get confused. We really try to break it down to the basics of each "layer" if you will, to make it digestible. Here's wishing even more success in your project.
    One of these days I'll buy a Blue Ray player so I can play mine... lol
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Crazy expensive, eh Howard?

Also available online, for those who can't be troubled. (Actually, you want this anyway since the addendums are only on the streaming channel)

So can you just buy one lesson at a time? I feel I have a pretty goo understanding of the basics but would like to learn more with your virtual torque video's.