Thread: SIlverado Electric Fan conversion AGAIN

Potential Tuner

SIlverado Electric Fan conversion AGAIN

I have converted over to electric fans on my 2004 Silverado and I am using the factory harness pulled from a 2005 truck. It is pinned to the pcm correctly and works great when the truck reaches temp. I searched the forums and adjusted my tune so that the fans will come on with the AC. The fans still will not come on. Can someone take a look at my tune and see if I missed something or if there is something to make it better? I appreciate your time!
    Attached Files Attached Files

i assume it has to do with your ac pressure and ac disable speed

Potential Tuner
    So what should it be?

Potential Tuner
    In my original post, I stated that I searched the forums and setup my tune. I used that specific thread. What I need is for someone to take a look at my tune that I posted and see if I missed something, not guess what I missed.

Do you think maybe having your 'On ECT' and 'On Temp AC On' both set to 190* might make it act as you describe?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Do you think maybe having your 'On ECT' and 'On Temp AC On' both set to 190* might make it act as you describe?
    No idea, that's why I ask.

OK, well, let me go buy a truck exactly like yours, I will change that setting and let you know if you should change those numbers in that little box. Does that work for you? Wouldn't want you to be inconvenienced or anything.

I have an 05 sierra with dual electric fans. Comparing it to my tune, you have fan type fitted as analog. Mine is set to serial cycling. Try setting fan to analog cycling, or serial cycling. If I remember correctly, cycling setting provides an actual ground(turns fans ON), where as non cycling pulses the ground thus no fan operation in this case.

Does your truck have auto AC or manual? Said you are using a harness from an 05, meaning entire powertrain harness? Did the 04 harness have the same AC pressure switch/connector as the 05? Another thing to remember, and it bit me on a car the other day, ambient temperature and its DIRECT effect on AC pressures. Was cold enough ambient that the high side would not get above 200psi, so fans wouldn't come on.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

The fan patch that I posted that says, "Copy settings from System Fans and AC and Engine Idle Airflow Fans"...........................
    Well if he read the extremely simple instructions.................
    I just can't make it any simpler than that!
    It could not have taken 10 seconds to find that (serial cycling).
    I saw it when I opened his file but his "appreciation" was so overwhelming...........

Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    The fan patch that I posted that says, "Copy settings from System Fans and AC and Engine Idle Airflow Fans"...........................
    Well if he read the extremely simple instructions.................
    I just can't make it any simpler than that!
    It could not have taken 10 seconds to find that (serial cycling).
    I saw it when I opened his file but his "appreciation" was so overwhelming...........
    so I won? I'm the noob. I can't win yet.
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

Well you did spell it out first. Good job. You found the correct answer and helped.

Yesterday I thought about telling him (serial cycling) but I had already given him the answer if he had just followed the very simple instructions and opened that patch file. Then his response convinced me not to.

Well, I followed advice given on other threads I've read. So thanks to y'all for the good teachings. Compare feature is pretty cool. lol
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily