Thread: 2015-2016 Challenger 5.7 with manual trans and STP stock tune

Advanced Tuner

2015-2016 Challenger 5.7 with manual trans and STP stock tune

Anyone happen to have a stock tune of a 2015-2016 Challenger 5.7 with manual trans and the STP (super track pack) option? Only way I know to verify if a challenger has STP or not is using the VIN and looking up the build sheet.
    https://vin.infonavgenie.com/view2

I am trying to see what the difference is in terms of launch control? I have compared a SCAT tune and to a 5.7 without STP and the only differences are VSS limit, and launch spark tables but I would like to see what a 5.7 with STP shows. Anyways, thanks in advance.

Ah man, I put in the wrong section.
    Last edited by Homer; 02-15-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    It's probably exactly the same as yours. Launch control is activated through the uconnect as you probably already know.

Also, I don't think launch spark is related to launch control. Best I can figure is that it is the table that counteracts catalyst warm up retard.

What are you up to? Maybe I can help. Is it a 2 step?

Advanced Tuner
    At a minimum a STP equipped RT should have cold launch and launch spark multiplier set to non-zero values and Launch VSS disable to be >0MPH. I'm trying to see if launch control can be added to a non-STP equipped RT.

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have the 8.4 Uconnect?

Advanced Tuner
    Yup, RA4 radio. Car is an RT+ manual but non-STP. Was messing around with the tazer and the performance control shows up but no notification on the cluster. Thought it was PCM related but tried that and still no launch control.

Advanced Tuner
    On my 6.4 file launch control tables are under fuel>dfco on the right side.

On a copy of your original file, these tables are not there at all.

Maybe a support ticket will reveal them?

I do not believe launch spark you see is related to launch control. My understanding of this table is that it used to prevent bogging when taking off during catalyst warmup when the timing is pulled back.
    Last edited by spoolboy; 02-15-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Launch control tables on 5.7 and 6.4 manuals appear to be very similar. Autos have more tables to them then the manuals.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...3/post-8546854

Advanced Tuner
    Look at the 6M Hellcat tables under fuel>dfco. There is a file on the repository.

Advanced Tuner
    HC has torque reserve enabled which I think might be an SRT pages thing. All Scats have launch control but I don't see torque reserve enabled on those stock tunes, hence why I am asking for a stock tune on a RT equipped with STP.

Advanced Tuner
    Well it looks like traction control will not activate because the BCM has the Chassis type set to 76 instead of 77 (only thing different between two challengers of same year/trim/trans). The type can be changed but then the ABS module flags a config mismatch so I am guessing the ABS modules for an STP vs non-STP are different. But if I look up the module part I see no distinction.
    https://www.challengertalk.com/threa...3/post-8550191

Advanced Tuner
    Did you find a STP tune?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Did you find a STP tune?
    Nope but I found a member with the same year/trim/trans as mine except he has STP. He does not have HP tuners though. It looks like the ABS modules are the same P/N and after digging into the code it looks like I need to re-initialize the ABS module after I change the vehicle chassis type (actually the ECU first, followed by G sensor, then need to clear ESC and finally initialize the ABS). Wonder if this is what the issue is in changing gear/tire with HP tuners...basically you need to re-initialize the system?

Oh and the BCM does detect my aftermarket PCM but does not throw any codes...it just lists it when I do a system info/status check. This alfaOBD seems like a pretty powerful tool.
    Last edited by Homer; 02-26-2020 at 08:55 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Guess I need to get in on the AlphaOBD stuff. I've been looking at them and the Micropod2/Witech options.

I already have a Tazer and everything I want has been enabled, so I really don't need to change around stuff.

My motivation would be to be able to do anything the dealer can do so I don't have to rely on them EVER for any maintenance.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Well I figured out how to get launch control on my non-STP RT+ 6M. I am working on the write-up and vid now. Basically it was all done thru alfaOBD.