Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L (Supercharged) - Tune Help

Potential Tuner

2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L (Supercharged) - Tune Help

Hey guys,

I'm need a little bit of help, I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3L (Supercharged) with a Magnuson bolt on, Borla exhaust system and your normal cold air intake.

I finally got the truck running/idle correctly, pedal response and EQ Gas is bit better and slight change to the (Normal) part shift scheduling.

Everything seems pretty good besides, when it goes into boost at WOT at about 4000rpm she feels like she dies out or cuts off.

I received this tune from a gentleman at Magnuson who helped me get a good basis started but by any means it has not been dyno test/tuned.

Attached is the tune + log. Take a look and let me know what yall think as I'm a bit of a newbie and have only been learning through youtube hah

I was leaning more towards maybe the PE Commanding? its 14.1 across board, shouldn't that start at 14.68 idle then decrease in increments of .3 or .4 per each field?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lfalletta; 12-13-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to log more parameters. These ECU are torque based and you are not logging any of the torque parameters.

channels.Channels.xml

Do you not have a wide band o2 sensor connected for logging actual AF? We need to see Boost being logged also. What pulley are you running?
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Potential Tuner
    @ZincGT - new log attached (log3.hpl) with your config, appreciate that .xml settings.

@2therock - unfortunately, I don't have a wide-band just yet as I just bought this truck and the previous owner didn't have one either, so I'm assuming he had it custom tuned by a shop at some point before I messed it up I'm now trying to get it back to a smooth set of parameters and could really use any experts advice/help.

Attached is the new log (log3.hpl) and let me know what yall think and where things can be tweaked to make it better.

Yeh, eventually you should have one. Maybe first order a bung and have a muffler shop weld it on and plug it in preparation. I forget the distances they want the bung down stream from the manifold collector.
    Then shop for one that has capability to plug into the HPT interface fore logging. Once you get it to runn decent you will want to log WOT runs checking for KR and monitoring AF.

Hang in there, your gonna love it. I've had mine for 100k miles.

afr_pod_cluster2.jpg

under_hood_webber.jpg
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler

I wouldn't floor it without a wideband. Melting a piston or chipping a piston won't be a fun time.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Injector pulse width is high, you can bump up your fuel pump duty cycle to try and help with that (set max duty cycle to 200 and go into duty cycle base and bump up the percentages). Guessing at A/F using your narrow band o2 I would say its lean, which makes sense because your pulse width is so high and you are not hitting commanded fuel pressure with your low side. Definitely get a wideband if you are going to continue to tune it yourself, you might have to invest in a low side fuel system if the changes dont help.

Potential Tuner
    @2therock - I heard great things about the hptuners AEM X-series kit. I'll definitely look into more.

@5FDP - Yeah, I hear yah brother, I definitely don't want that to happen.

@ZincGT - I'll take a look at it and see what I can find.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your running out of injector thats for sure

adjusted a couple of things that may help

2016_Z71_Supercharged-(Changed Shift Schedule) MAS v1.hpt
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 12-16-2019 at 11:45 AM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    @Sultan - Appreciate the tweaks, I'll give it a run and log it with scanner. I'll upload the log later this evening.

I would enjoy seeing a pic of your underhood setup.

My tune is in the repository but no help to you being a 2005 Z71 L33 5.3.
    The higher compression of the L33 makes it tough........... I can't tell you how many logs it took to get out of KR. WOT wasn't as bad as normal driving scenarios. But we did it all. Even WOT spark plug readings. New plug, in the warmed up engine, fire her up and go shutting down coasting to a stop. We determined a colder plug, shes great.

Thanks to mecanicman Currently running a dynomometer in Vancover CA if I remember correctly.

She runs great, if you lookup the heads used on the L33 (corvette) you can imagine.

Potential Tuner
    @Sultan - log5_MAF attached for your review. Believe you fixed a little of the longTerm/shortTerm fuel trims but receiving KR now, especially on that last pull at a higher gear/speed from what I can tell.

@2therock - pics link below

Small Gallary
    https://imgur.com/a/ooekcpH
    Last edited by lfalletta; 12-19-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need to add a wideband to your log
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Yes, is there one you can Bluetooth or wifi to a phone? Seems like a good simple way to get started instead of the pillar pods.

Potential Tuner
    @Sultan & 2therock - I know , I've got an appointment with a tuner coming into town tomorrow and we're going to get her on the Dyno.

I will end up buying the AEM X-Series so I can log with HPTuners roughly after the holidays and get her installed. It's just things are a little tight given the holidays and just purchasing the truck.

If you can, stand near the rear of the truck on the exhaust side and listen to her put out as she does a pull. I love it

Potential Tuner
    Yeah, love it too. I had a fully built GTI with a GT3071 turbo putting out 445whp with meth injection. During dyno or 2step process, she spit flame out tail pipe
    Last edited by lfalletta; 12-21-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Tuner
    I'm here looking at these logs and I'm in no position to give suggestions, but why do you only get say 12* spark at 88% throttle. and when you let off the throttle the timing will increase in the high 30s? Am I looking at this wrong or something?

Boost and lots of timing don't always go hand and hand. Less timing with boost is much safer and will make great power.

Fuel type, engine size, compression ratio, supercharger/turbo and many other variables play into this too.

Timing is always higher at less cylinder airmass, just look at the timing curve. Timing drops as rpm and cylinder airmass rise.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.