Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ve tuning

Advanced Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-spark-advance

Read the above post very good information.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HaasExp View Post
    Hemituna just to clarify: The fueling strategy in these ECU's command stoich (Eq of 1) only until an FA enrichment is commanded from the PE table?
    Correct

They (usually) run closed loop (lambda 1.00) until PE (goes to open loop and adds specified extra fuel from PE table)

We are talking about the non-hellcat/trackhawk/demon OS's
    Last edited by Hemituna; 02-26-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    So after getting my ve table dialed in and getting control of the knock I've tried to add some timing into motor. Issue now is the pcm is only using PT timing table and dosent switch to WOT table?? Is this because I have o2 off and not using PE? I've confirmed this by rescaling my PT table and now it's getting the extra timing. Am I stuck with only having one timing table now??

Advanced Tuner
    If you adjusted WOT to get rid of PE, makes sense you also won't get WOT spark.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    But I'm curious as to why tho. We zeroed out the PE table was all and just used ve for all the fueling.

Senior Tuner
    I think that's why... If you want two timing tables try adding minimal in PE and put it back but you don't necessarily have as much benefit for two tables now.

The two timing tables are nice if taking advantage of the engine being able to run more timing when running richer but you're feeding it fuel from VE table so should be pretty consistent on timing no matter what the throttle.

Advanced Tuner
    Im ok with only having the one table, just wanted to make sure that what i was seeing was correct and only using one would be ok.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam