Thread: weird throttle cutout and P2135/P0222 codes

Please help confirm bad PCM....p2135/p0222 with large TPS1/TPS2 variance

All, been trying to figure out what is causing a part throttle cutout when trying to accelerate. i cannot drive the truck to the dyno shop like this...and the throttle cuts out anytime i am accelerating.

attached is the logs and tune. today i checked for codes right after this happened, and it appears that the p2135 and p0222 are new to me.

of note these are dual LS3 throttle bodies using the X2 box from torquerush and a '05-'13 corvette peddle 25835421 being used on a e38 from a 2014 caprice PPV. I did this only because of the aftermarket harness i am using.

as best i can tell the issue has to do with the difference between TPS1 and TPS2. Any time i accelerate with a MAP above ~85KPA i get this weird throttle and fuel cut. the log attached shows the TPS1/2 split when manipulating the TB by hand.....0% seems to line up, but the WOT is showing TPS1 99% but TPS2 41%.

I also went through this troubleshooting procedure, where all wires show correct, with the wires all showing less than 1.2ohms, and all voltages at 4.9V or 0.1V when appropriate. Based on the troubleshooting, it appears that the ECU and harness are fine, and that the TB needs to be replaced. I have since tried three different TBs with no change to the data or % split.

Is there any other data or PIDs i can start logging to help figure this out?! Any other way to diagnose this further....the ECU would cost $250 to get a random e38, reflashed with the stock OS, then use HPTuners to get again flash the custom 2Bar OS i am working with now.

Thanks for the assistance!
    Last edited by rcodea1; 02-21-2020 at 06:52 AM.

i also went so far as to swap the throttles and put them in different order thinking that this may hep to diagnose the issue.

again, any information or assistance with data to pull to help diagnose would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rcodea1; 02-16-2020 at 05:01 PM.

today a new TB arrived, tested it and it appears to give nearly identical % and V at the same perimeters. here is the log. the only difference i noted is that the min voltage for TPS1 is showing 0.61V and TPS2 at 0.57V....not enough i would think to prevent things.

again logs are attached. I am hurting here to figure this out!

Is it prudent/ok to just mark the p2135 as 'no error reported' and forget about trying to figure this out?!

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

tonight i reversed the Desired Throttle Area settings and went for some drives. over the course of the 30 minutes i took the following logs...trying to gather some more data. I am definitely entering Reduced Power due to the ETC settings being off. again, the voltages look reasonable, but the % seems to be weird. anyways, here is the logs and tune....

again, any help would be greatly appreciated!

The folks who happily sold you this dual-TB abortion don't offer any support for it?

torquerush is out town through the weekend....and has been in touch through email, but doesnt have capability of reading the tunes on the road. he is like me...p2135 is tps1/2, and the volts and % are the same with or without the X2 installed.

And the data is the same with and without the X2 installed....same % and V in all conditions.
    Last edited by rcodea1; 02-21-2020 at 07:37 AM.

An update and further questions on where to go from here......

i have removed the x2 and blocked off the second throttle. in doing so, the REP still happens and i am not getting repeating or recurring DTCs.

attached are some more logs of the phenomenon. there is some speculation that the c6 pedal i am using may be causing this somehow, even though the resistances and volts are the same.

UPDATE:
    so last night i changed three things and did a 'write entire':
    1)started from an original file and made a copy of the working 39...all the to eliminate the chance of a corrupt cal.
    2) going off the idea that the MAF fail process i was doing may not be working, i refailed all the MAF settings, so the DTC p0102 is now current, not just permanent
    3) upped the 'virtual torque' tables too by 30%.

I am not sure which of the three changes worked, but tonight i was able to drive around AND stab without causing REP.

I think the MAF fail is the most likely cause of my issues, which makes since. With it not being a current code, i think the ECU was continuing to look for a MAF signal, particularly when in transition.

The x2 had nothing to do with this issue...it was all int he tune...