Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 mustang GT roush 2650 closing throttle

Quote Originally Posted by Stymee View Post
    VPerformance, Instead of telling us how bad the Roush is how bout answering my my question?

I can drop IAT2 with an ice tank at the track, so that’s solved. What about the tuning, I assume the Roush cal is so tame it’s just not gonna run a good number until u actually modify they tune?

PBD/VMP went 10.4@130+ with the 18+ kit
    It runs if tuned correctly
    Good blowers don't need ice tank...

Your question was answered - your tune need some attention. Roush tames it on purpose, same with Whipple stage 1.
    Your fuel system is 800rwhp ready, your tune tames the max load and torque plus that kit suffers from overheating hence the low hp number.

Potential Tuner
    If u drag race the car an ice tank is an excellent option, however I agree with u the system suffers heat soak because of the DI and having to run a smaller intercooler but I can help some of that with a Peirburg 100 IC PUMP and larger HE.

Tuning would be my next option and I believe would dip me into the 10.50/10.60 easily
    I run at a fast track (Atco)

Senior Tuner
    Your fuel trims are 10-15% rich, probably why the ECU thinks its hitting an injector limit, as that really matters with the tight injection window at higher RPMs.

From 5300RPM up, zero out the quadratic in MP 5&6, set MP 5 & 6 slope 1000 higher than MP 5&6 BT slope. start at 17000 and 18000 and increase/ decrease them together until your STFTs are in check. This should ultimately lower your air load to the right place, and that may keep you under the injector limits.

Picture incase it wasn't clear.

BT and slope.PNG

How did I choose those values. Load values "as is" vs load values corrected by STFT's. You see its goes from ~15,750 slope to a ~20500 slope at WOT.

Corrected vs uncorrectede.PNG

The line you are trying to tune. When looking at this picture think above line 202 is lower than 100% VE(less fuel), below it is above 100% VE(more fuel).

US20130111900A1-20130509-D00002.png

Zeroing quadratic(doesnt have to be zero but between -500,000 and 0) and placing slope 1000 higher than BT slope, makes fueling based on BT line while assuming at least a small amount of BT that increases with boost, From maximum trapped air charge, when in boost aka MAP>exh MAP.

2018+ gt
    29.92 inHg / .0017 engine displacement = 17600 maximum trapped air charge line AKA 100%VE

2011-2017 Gt
    29.92 inHg / .00167 engine displacement = 17916.17 maximum trapped air charge line AKA 100%VE
    Last edited by murfie; 03-28-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymee View Post
    If u drag race the car an ice tank is an excellent option, however I agree with u the system suffers heat soak because of the DI and having to run a smaller intercooler but I can help some of that with a Peirburg 100 IC PUMP and larger HE.

Tuning would be my next option and I believe would dip me into the 10.50/10.60 easily
    I run at a fast track (Atco)
    Do you have a file of the phase 2 calibration?

Tuner
    heat is the main culprit i added an ice box to my truck it brought mct down about 15 degrees just with the extra water. on 90 degree day here in Georgia forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 18f1505.0roush View Post
    heat is the main culprit i added an ice box to my truck it brought mct down about 15 degrees just with the extra water. on 90 degree day here in Georgia forget about it.
    can you post it here or email to me. i am interested too
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Same here. Curious to see phase 1 to 2 differences.

Tuner in Training
    Since no one else seems to be able to help you, here's a file that should fix the throttle closure. You're DEFINITELY not running out of injector. There's enough injector and pump on this setup to make 700+ whp on gasoline. Ganted, the blower won't support that, but you've got plenty of fuel.

FYI, you've still got a lot of work to do in this tune to make it perform optimally. I would also HIGHLY recommend putting a 4" pulley on it for street use. You'll make basically the same power and IAT2's will be much more reasonable. Track use, with a LARGE ice tank, you cna run the stock pulley, but even then you'll likely see 150*F temps by the time you hit the traps. The intercooler core on these blowers is terribly undersized, and there isn't a good way to increase capacity on Mustangs due to hood clearance issue. That's why most opt to get rid of the Roush and go with a better option. Either way, this file should get you moving in the right direction.
    Attached Files Attached Files