Thread: OP enabled, but car prefers Mapped Points five and six. Help?

Potential Tuner

OP enabled, but car prefers Mapped Points five and six. Help?

2017 2.3l Mustang Six-Speed

I've enabled the OP Mapped point. I've adjusted some of the Airflow->Variable Camshaft->Optimum Power parameters to make OP mode easier to enter. I've also set the Pedal Pos WOT Start/Stop parameters to start at 70% Pedal and be full WOT at 90% Pedal. (I'm assuming that WOT will be most likely way to pull from the Optimum Power Mapped Point. The forum posts I've read through seem to confirm this thought).

When I run a log and do some WOT pulls to the end of third gear, my car only sometimes touches the Mapped Point OP. When it does, it's usually toward the end of a gear and only for a few hundred RPM before my car fairly consistently pulls ~40% from table five and ~60% from table six.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Am I missing some small, yet vital parameter that makes OP work like I want it? Or maybe I'm missing something big?

If I can't get OP to work the way I want it to, I figured I would just disable it and work with the two maps that do work at WOT.

I want to add that I've used the search function already. I can not find the info I am looking for, only crumbs, which is why I'm posting this. I've been trying to figure this out for a week now, and if someone could help I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by jushtan; 02-16-2020 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Trimmed the fat.

Tuner in Training
    I have a 14 f150, and while not exactly the same, may be able to give you something to try. From the factory the optimum power table isn't enabled, I tried enabling it and could never get it to stay in OP when under WOT. However I found that even if it was disabled, when in WOT, it would use the other maps to adjust valve timing to the setpoints in the optimum power table. It makes timing a little harder, because you're going between multiple tables. But I would try keeping the OP table disabled and change it to your desired VVT and see if your valves change to those parameters.