Thread: 2012 vortech gt strangeness

2012 vortech gt strangeness

Hi folks,

Got a 2012 gt on E85 with a vortech v3 jlt cold air extension BAP id1000 injectors BOSS manifold kooks long tubes and catless x pipe TBR torque booster and a TIAL BOV and i was working on re scaling and calibrating the MAF at WOT which i had plugged in what i thought were safe airflow numbers up top but it went very lean before i shut her down. So in reviewing my log it looks like i was hitting an airload of 2.81 and the MAF was showing 86.57 lbs/m tune file and log attached i'm at a loss. Almost forgot the TBR torque booster came with a 3.33 pulley and the wastegate has a 10 psi spring installed.

There is also a few points that have some KR and it doesnt appear to be using ANY mapped point very confused here.

Thank you for your help!

E-85 only v7 pop Dam Near Sent It Run 4.hpt20-02-16 17-17-48.hpl
    Last edited by Kaleph; 02-16-2020 at 06:17 PM.

Its possible that you're simply out of fuel pump. Just a BAP isn't really sufficient for E85, especially on the older coyotes as the fuel pumps are wearing from age. You are logging quite a lot of PIDs, I would cut your channel list down for better polling rates. Also be sure to log Inj PW.

Yea I was definitely considering that possibility but I am more concerned with the air load and maf lbs it’s seeing as well as at several times in the log it’s not reading off any mapped point. I’ve been looking through the tune and just can’t find a connection.