Thread: P2138/Evap Codes

Tuner in Training

P2138/Evap Codes

Long time stalker, first time poster. Need some guidance on a recent personal swap.

2010 Silverado 5.3L/6l80 (Standalone harness/e38 ecm).
    2010 Camaro Pedal (pins D/F swapped)

Verified the following on P2138

1. New App Pedal (second pedal attempt)
    2. Verified APP Pinout voltages/locations per 2010 Silverado schematic. Swapped pins D/F to match the 2010 Camaro pedal.
    3. Verified TB Pinout/voltages

Should I try to replace the TB or look elsewhere?

EVAP Codes:
    • P0449, P0443, P0452

Per the attached tune, I've deleted the EVAP codes from the DTC list. I've loaded the tune and attempted to manually clear, but the codes remain. Am I missing something in the tune process or is this normal for codes to remain on a swap?

Thanks for any guidance!

2010 E38 Tune1.hpt
    Last edited by Hendonjt81; 02-17-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Senior Tuner
    You'll need to use the Silverado pedal with that combo. With HP Tuners, we've only got access to 6 of the 8 segments on the E38 ECM. That means you don't have the ability to configure the ECM for that pedal.

You've deleted those EVAP codes. I suspect you're seeing them stored as Permanent codes. They won't show up as current codes and won't set a light or affect anything.

Tuner in Training
    The Silverado pedal won?t clear trans tunnel in 73-87? C10?s.

Most guys run the Camaro or Diesel pedal and swap pinouts.

Can the pedal cal files from 2010 Camaro be placed in Engine/Airflow/Electronic Throttle area of tune to rectify?

You?re correct on Evap codes. They?re stored via scanner. If I connect to scanner via Bluetooth I don?t see them.

Is there a reason you can't use the Camaro OS? (changing between them will need to be done with GM dealer-equivalent flashing tools)