Thread: mustang 2006 gt high idle issue on cold start

Potential Tuner

mustang 2006 gt high idle issue on cold start

I'm going try to make this as easy as possible to understand I have mustang gt that has a few mods on it the person that had the car before played with the pcm and it just doest look right in the logs and just doesn't feel right when i drive it .
    A few things the car does from a cold start when your start the car the rpm sky rockets to 3500 rpm sometimes for like 5 secs then it will gradually come down.
    it has the has that raw gas smell when your start it like its dumping too much fuel or something.
    Good car but don't think the tunes is right at all maybe I could be wrong so I'm going to put up some logs take a look at it let me kno what you guys think I just hate that high idle it can't be good

mods : hot cam aggressive idle , longtube bbk , fuel exhaust flowemaster axle backs and x-pipe msd ignition coils , ford racing cold air intake

possible vacuum leak? post the tune. I have an 07 gt i can compare it to

Advanced Tuner
    What does the wideband say about your startup AFR? If it has longtubes with no cats fuel smell is going to be normal. The high startup RPM isn't normal though.