Thread: Logging and Channel Help

Tuner

Logging and Channel Help

I have been gathering some decent data from the VCM Scanner. However, I have run into a few issues I have questions on I am hoping someone can help with. I have attached my tune and log info.
    1. Main Injection Timing - I noticed my main injection timing in the logs to be way off compared to what I have in my time table. It appears what is showing in the logs is an aggregate of the pilot and main injection events. The values I found in the main and pilot tables when added together match exactly to what I am seeing in the log which lead me to this conclusion.
    2. Pilot injection time doesn't show up at all. I am not sure what the issue what that is other than opening a ticket with support. Any recommendations?
    3. Where is boost pressure read from as opposed to MAP? The MAP caps at 37, which I know is the limitation of the sensor. The boost channel seems to show actual PSI. I have had my engine apart a few times and have never run across a different sensor for pressure other than MAP. Where is it pulling that info from?
    4. My last question is more tune related than log (though maybe it is log related). My Total Fuel Rate peaks at 120mm3 even though I have commanded more in my tune, so either the log isn't showing it correctly or there is a limiter I missed in my tune. I have spent hours looking it over and can't see where it would be capped at. Any thoughts?

I appreciate any help or advice.
    Thanks
    -Dieseldude
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2008 Dodge Cummins 6.7 - 2nd Gen Swap S467.7/83/1.0, No Grid Heater, Banks Intake, BD Flowmax LP, G56 w/SB Clutch.

Banned
    Answer to #3. There is no boost sensor, it is a calculated value of MAP minus Ambient Pressure which gets zeroed at startup. If you start your truck at say 1000 feet above sea level and drive up 5000 feet above sea level without turning off your truck you will see the difference in ambient pressure reflect in the calculated boost pressure at idle or vise versa.

#4. Probably a missed limiter somewhere.

Tuner
    Thanks Jim. Regarding #3 I looked through my sensors again after seeing that in the logs and was stumped. That makes sense for it being calculated. I do have an actual boost gauge and the log value is about 3-4 PSI high compared to my gauge.

Regarding #4 I will poke around some more in the config and see what I may have missed. It is actually running pretty good right now. I am not sure if I want to change anything, but I do want to know what is causing the limit. I have good boost throughout the throttle band. There is only sight haze for smoke at WOT and clean everywhere else. I have picked up some mileage at cruise. The throttle response is a little sluggish in the low RPMs, so that is what I am going work on next.

Have a great day!
    -Dieseldude
    2008 Dodge Cummins 6.7 - 2nd Gen Swap S467.7/83/1.0, No Grid Heater, Banks Intake, BD Flowmax LP, G56 w/SB Clutch.

For the total 120mm3...i know that some os update from dodge are limited to 120...we tried a lot of stuff and fuel rate would stop at 123mm3....

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MAIDENCR View Post
    For the total 120mm3...i know that some os update from dodge are limited to 120...we tried a lot of stuff and fuel rate would stop at 123mm3....
    Thanks for the info. That is good to know. I have been combing through all the settings looking for something without much success. That could explain it.

-Dieseldude

Try to tune it on 120....mine i had to tune it on 145...had a weird "limiter" on rail pressure at 146mm3

Tuner
    Just so I understand, try adjusting the pulsewidth for 120mm3 table setting and see if that adds more total fuel? My pressure table goes to 150mm3 and that is a stock configuration.

Thanks
    -Dieseldude

You need to rescale "all" table

Banned
    Don?t need to rescale squat