Thread: Jeep JL Stock - Writing Stock File

Potential Tuner

Post Jeep JL Stock - Writing Stock File

Hello,

I just purchased a new unlocked (blank) PCM and pulled a backup from the stock PCM.

When I wrote the stock file to the new PCM. It takes it without any issues. But when I start the Jeep, It's idles low, got all sorts of issues.

Has anyone experienced this? I didn't touch any of the settings. Just copied data from one PCM to the other. Very strange!

Potential Tuner

2018 jl

Quote Originally Posted by gonejeepin View Post
    Hello,

I just purchased a new unlocked (blank) PCM and pulled a backup from the stock PCM.

When I wrote the stock file to the new PCM. It takes it without any issues. But when I start the Jeep, It's idles low, got all sorts of issues.

Has anyone experienced this? I didn't touch any of the settings. Just copied data from one PCM to the other. Very strange!
    You need to do the relearn of the brake pedal + throttle relearn

Potential Tuner
    I had same issue when i installed my new unlocked pcm idle was going up and down but i did turn the car off and reinstalled the stock file and turned the car on and its all good but now im having issue getting code P057B brake pedal position sensor circuit range/performance permanent and twice it show check engine light and and when i do brake pedal relearn it go away for sometime and it comes back i did throttle and brake pedal relearn many times and its not fixing the issue and when removing the unlocked pcm and using the stock one no issues at all i did contact hptuners but still no reply

Potential Tuner
    So here's how I made it work.

When I installed the new unlocked pcm with "factory tune" engine started to knock and Jeep will not shift properly.

I basically went to witech 2 and did a PCM write to get it to work properly. Sorry, I know it's not much help for most but this is what I did.