Thread: Throttle position overlay won't go lower than 15% and higher than 75%

Potential Tuner

Throttle position overlay won't go lower than 15% and higher than 75%

Hello I'm using RaceRender 3 with data from Track Addict. On the overlay I noticed that the throttle % will never fall below 15% and over 75%.
    Is this a common problem?

Advanced Tuner
    I've seen something similar on my car where my "Accelerator Position" data only goes between about 8 and 65 or so.

Fortunately, you can use the Display Object Properties on the Throttle overlay to set the gauge's data Range. I have mine set to 7.80 and 64.50 (so that I have a little wiggle room on what is considered "full throttle" in the graph). This makes it so that 7.8 is empty and 64.5 is full.

Throttle.png

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    I've seen something similar on my car where my "Accelerator Position" data only goes between about 8 and 65 or so.

Fortunately, you can use the Display Object Properties on the Throttle overlay to set the gauge's data Range. I have mine set to 7.80 and 64.50 (so that I have a little wiggle room on what is considered "full throttle" in the graph). This makes it so that 7.8 is empty and 64.5 is full.

Throttle.png
    Thanks, the way I'm using the overlay is no graphs and all text. I will see if a bar graph will fit with the template I'm creating

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wcNero View Post
    Thanks, the way I'm using the overlay is no graphs and all text. I will see if a bar graph will fit with the template I'm creating
    If you want text, you could always use an Enhanced Display Object.

Try this:
    Throttle - wcNero.rro

Use these steps to add it to RaceRender. You'll need to close RaceRender and reopen before it will recognize the new gauge under the Enhanced Display Object portion of the Add Display Object dialog.

You can remove the % by unchecking the Text Label, and you can remove the outline on the number (but not the percent sign unfortunately) by removing the two slashes on the second to last line of the ForegroundScript. If your range isn't exactly 15 to 75, then you can adjust the RangeMin and RangeMax values in the Background Script. This might require the Advanced or Ultimate Edition in order to make those updates.