Thread: Advice on 02 sensor please

Tuner in Training

Advice on 02 sensor please

Ok I have a 5.3 it has 4.8 pistons with 706 heads milled 30 thousands cam is 525/525 with 109 LOA I'm not going to be running a MAF just IAT & map sensor. Would I be better off keeping both front 02 sensors? Keep in mind I'm brand new to tuning this is my first
    Last edited by Jmillwood84; 02-20-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Since you are new to tuning, I would say yes...
    Tight LsA there, if you need some help let me know

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Would the arm 30-0334 with the pass through be ok or should I keep the stick ones wired into the pcm

Stock o2 sensors are narrowbands, they can not be replaced with wideband sensors.

So keep the stock primary o2 sensors and put a wideband in the exhaust separately before the cats if you are running them.

Just note that the AEM wideband with OBD2 pass through dongle only works as a plug and play with a vehicle using CAN-BUS. So anything GEN 4 related. This is posted in the GEN 3 section so those computers can't use that widebands specific feature. You'll have to data log the wideband another way, be it the PRO interface or wiring it in through a 5v sensor reference that is not being used, like the EGR circuit.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.