Thread: Catalyst Monitor 2004 Corvette

Potential Tuner

Catalyst Monitor 2004 Corvette

Hello,
    I have a 2004 C5 Z06 Corvette catalyst monitor is not wanting to complete. Tune is perfect, front and rear 02 sensors are new, both cats have been replaced with CA legal replacement cats. The only 2 monitors that are remaining not complete is catalyst and evap. Any suggestions or driving process to get the cat monitor to clear. The engine is modified, LS6 with a 4.0 stroke, mild camshaft upgrade, LS2 intake with evap, LS7 throttle body, LS2 stage 2 CNC ported heads, 11.5 to compression. The map and maf tables are all tuned and the long term fuel trim is +or - 5 max everywhere. I've heard the Corvette can be a pain and I've done the 55mph drive cycles several times plus a long road trip with an overnight cool down and repeat.

Thanks,
    Steve

Tune and/or a log might help. The sensors may be new, but are they working correctly? Are you sure everything disabled for tuning was reactivated? These seem the likeliest places I would start if I were having that problem.

As for the monitor running, a google search got me this. Even if it doesn't work, you got to drive your car.
    https://www.corvsport.com/corvette-obdii-driving-cycle/

I've seen crossed upstreams on a C5 before. Can cause some weird shit to happen.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

Potential Tuner
    I did see this procedure and performed all the steps. The rear 02 sensors are not crossed and they will set a code if left unplugged. Thanks for the reply

No problem. If the hardware is good, check the software. Maybe something in the tune got left off?
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.