Thread: E38 2bar OS stuck in BE

Potential Tuner

E38 2bar OS stuck in BE

2013 Suburban 5.3
    LS7 MAF, LS9 injectors, LS9 MAP sensor, 66mm turbo, PRC 2.5 LS6 heads and TSP Stage 2 VVT cam.

I have the tune to force open loop and disable SD. Driving around logging MAF Hz via histogram and wideband, MAF curve so far looks great and the truck runs amazing. Problem is, as soon as I hit BE at 105kpa it goes from EQ Commanded .999 lambda to .833 and stays there unless I shut the truck off and restart. Have not started to tune boost enrichment yet so it's set rich. At a loss on why it's doing this.

2barOSEdit5.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Adjust the BE MAP Hyst ecm2371. Right now it has to drop 100 kpa to disengage BE. Should be single digit (5 or so to start) so it drops out quickly. PE should keep you safe, BE is really just a safety for hitting boost, the ecm will go with whichever table is richer. Try that and see if it solves it

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Zultan View Post
    Adjust the BE MAP Hyst ecm2371. Right now it has to drop 100 kpa to disengage BE. Should be single digit (5 or so to start) so it drops out quickly. PE should keep you safe, BE is really just a safety for hitting boost, the ecm will go with whichever table is richer. Try that and see if it solves it
    You know, that's has to be it. I didn't realize that it was a hysteresis and just assumed it needed to drop below 100kpa to kick out. I'll load it in after work to confirm.

Senior Tuner
    i use PE and BE in mine so i setup PE as u would normally for n/a then BE little richer to suit boost, works good so ur not just from stoich to full boost rich in PE