Thread: User Defined Parameters

User Defined Parameters

Been a while since i used my interface. I bought User Defined Parameters, shows in my account that i bought it and yet when i try and go there in Editor it says license not found. Have my Interface plugged in and clink on the "i" and it communicates with the interface but still User Defined Parameters doesn't work. Using Editor Version 4.4.4. It says its the latest version.

Thanks Rick

Try re-syncing the interface. With it connected to laptop, go into the editor, click on help, then click on re-sync device. Make sure laptop is connected to internet when you do this. If it doesn't work, you should open a support ticket so the HP tuners peoples can figure the problem out.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

Quote Originally Posted by vettemakesemwet View Post
    Try re-syncing the interface. With it connected to laptop, go into the editor, click on help, then click on re-sync device. Make sure laptop is connected to internet when you do this. If it doesn't work, you should open a support ticket so the HP tuners peoples can figure the problem out.
    Thanks.

Did that and still with a tune loaded, when opening up edit, user defined paramaters in Editor 4.4.4, get the error "license not found".
    Am I doing this wrong?

I get the same because I don't have it yet. One idea I have is you can only add UDP on a PCM you already have licensed/have written to. This is a total guess for the record. A support ticket is your best route unless someone more experienced can chime in. Sorry I can't help you more.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

Quote Originally Posted by vettemakesemwet View Post
    I get the same because I don't have it yet. One idea I have is you can only add UDP on a PCM you already have licensed/have written to. This is a total guess for the record. A support ticket is your best route unless someone more experienced can chime in. Sorry I can't help you more.
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes it is an ECM I have already licensed. I can read and write the ECM, just not UDP available in the Editor. I think it may be because the website has changed and my data was with the old website.

Thanks Rick