Thread: 02 Camaro z28 P03 - 3bar

Tuner in Training

02 Camaro z28 P03 - 3bar

Hello, thanks for any help anyone's able to provide, please and thanks.

I'm running into an issue where no matter how much fuel I pull out of the VE table, the vehicle is still running -20 on the fuel trims. I pull 20 out and it's still -20. This is an SD Tune, Maf is disabled.

The vehicle was fine on the 2bar tune, I copied over all of my data, scaled me VE table with the best I could with the VE #'s from my 2bar tune.

I verified fuel pressure did not change, its at 60PSI. My only other thoughts are I'm missing something that I'm entirely oblivious too in 3bar tuning.

The injectors are deka 80's and the data I'm using worked just fine for the 2bar's as well.

I've attached the tune, and the log file. You'll notice my dynamic airflow is rediciously low because I keep lowering and lowering it.

Thanks.

0182.hpt 015.hpl
    Last edited by x2xplaguex2x; 02-23-2020 at 07:44 PM.

MAF is NOT failed, log shows no current MAF DTC (P0103).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    MAF is NOT failed, log shows no current MAF DTC (P0103).
    Thanks for the response, the maf is failed. P0102.

Also, if the maf was not failed, the VE numbers would be much higher as i would be fighting the MAF under reporting.

thanks.

Your intake air temp sensor is not working. You are fighting an engine that wants to add in more fuel because it thinks it's in the middle of the north pole.

Most people will set the MAF fail high to 0hz for speed density as well.

Chop the min fuel milligrams in half or more because you are running large injectors.

You'll need to make the open loop EQ ratio 1.00 above 140 degrees when you start tuning with your wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I'll try as suggested. I guess I just don't understand why it was not an issue on the 2-bar tune. Literally all that was done was swapped the OS to 3-bar.

I'm starting to wonder when I disabled the, "Cylinder Charge Complex Model". caused an issue into thinking the air is very dense driving down my VE numbers endlessly.

Anywho, thank you kindly, i will try as suggested.

In the two files in the first post, the tune file has MAF Fail High at 13,500, and the log file shows no current DTCs, both of which mean no SD mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    In the two files in the first post, the tune file has MAF Fail High at 13,500, and the log file shows no current DTCs, both of which mean no SD mode.
    Thanks for the respond, i know what the notes say, but the maf was failed. The DTC's dont always show in the log like that, it was failing without setting it to 0 hz. I know ideally that's what everyone does, and ultimatly what I did do but, the MAF was still failed despite what the log said.

The issue was the Cylinder charge complex model and the IAT sensor not functioning.

Thanks 5FDP, and blindsquirrel for the help. Much appriciated.