Thread: Multiple mods at one time

Potential Tuner

Multiple mods at one time

I have a 2017 Challenger rt 5.7 that?s supercharged. I downloaded the tune file. I will be changing out heads, headers, cam, forged internals, phaser limiter, push rods, injectors, and to hell cat lifters. If I follow the HP Tuners beginners book for my car, it lists changes as separate tuning events. Like heads and cam or supercharger or what have you. Do I just work in all these sections at the same time. The part I am concerned about is the cam and the injectors. Also will be pumping up boost to hopefully 20#?s with my P1X. Little overwhelmed. I?m comfortable with engine work, but a lot of tuning changes at one time. Any help is greatly appreciated. Just point me in the right direction.

Senior Tuner
    You're honestly starting with a pretty complex setup that has unique issues to tune around your book isn't going to cover. I don't mind helping point people in the right direction at all with little things but you're honestly better off paying someone to tune it with that setup. At least get you up and running and get everything close and then you just have to change timing and fueling and maybe experiment with cam timing.

Potential Tuner
    I?m thinking that as well. Just looking for some affirmation. Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    If I were you, I'd leave the blower belt off and dial it in naturally aspirated first after this round of mods. Then add the blower.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Potential Tuner
    I will do this on initial start up. Thank you. But looking to get a reliable email tune.