Hello All! Just wanted to drop in and intro myself. I'm JD from Henderson NV. I'm on this forum because I'm on the the fence about buying a tuner for my Copperhead Orange 2014 Jeep Rubicon. I'm second owner and love this Penastar motor in it. Definitely an upgrade from my YJ and TJ 4.0L. Runs warm though? That OAT coolant odor after a short drive worries me. Although everything I've been told from from service guys at the stealership tells me it normal...especially for emissions, fuel mileage and all. 220.f is a little over the top for me. I can see 195.f,ish, but 220.f+ here in SoNev is crazy. Plus, the stupid fans baring run on this thing. WTF!

So, I added a 185.F thermostat.... And shortly thereafter I got the CEL with the P0128 Coolant thermostat temperature below regulating temperature. Realizing that's a good thing in my case, I decided to research tuners to disable this CEL and have finalized on the MVPI2.

I'm not totally new to tuning. I've been using TTS Mastertuner on my Harleys for years. So, I know how to get around the cooler thermostat and run the fans more.

But,

Here's my questions.

1.) Emission testing. Here in Clark County, they only do an ECM check through the OBDII on newer vehicles. If reload my original tune just before the test, will they know I've had a HP tuner attached and will the cause a fail?

2.) Does the HP tuner's data recording program (VCM Scanner) also have a tuning element to it that analyse the data and provides tune for your motor and configurations?

Thanks in advance for the help knowledge,

JD