Thread: license help, 14 yukon denali wants me to buy ANOTHER license to program

Potential Tuner

license help, 14 yukon denali wants me to buy ANOTHER license to program

So, programmed 12 vehicles before, so, done this before, however....
    customer's 2014 yukon denali 6.2 AWD had 3.42 gears in it, we changed to 3.73
    read entire, save stock file, changed gear ratios and saved under different file name, hpt required license to save, did that.
    Tried to write file to vehicle, now it wants me to buy another license to do that.
    Checked licenses in the interface and it shows a 2014 yukon denali (the only one) but with a weird # that's not the vin #
    after reading license activation
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_ed...activation.htm
    it seems as though I should have unlimited programming for this vehicle -- did I do something wrong?
    I really need this vehicle to go home, it was promised last week...
    any help would be greatly appreciated -- the email support from HPtuners is rather slow....

I wanna bet $5 that you did a full read, all of that includes the PCM, TCM and the FSCM. The fuel pump control module costs 1 extra credit, thus it asks you to license it again.

Go to the vehicle and re-read the truck but do not read the FSCM this time. Do your changes to that file and try to write it to the truck again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    5FDP
    YOU are my new hero !!! Thank you so much !! worked like a champ !!
    I owe you 5 bucks and a six pack !!! let me know the next time you're close to Kansas city !!!
    guess I haven't done one with an FSCM yet....

It's not that it's common but I've seen it many times before so my hunch was pretty good haha.

Glad it worked.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

My first time writing I was using my touchpad on the laptop. Tap to single click was not my friend when I wanted to move the cursor, NOT CLICK IT! lol Luckily I hadn't read the TCM so it didn't show up on ECM wirte.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

Potential Tuner
    Pretty sure I just lost $100 doing the exact same thing. I messed up by doing a full read as well, went into DoD settings to disable it, went to write and it asked for a license. Used my two credits to license it, and when i went to write again it said i needed to purchase a license again... Turns out that it randomly picked the FSCM to license instead of the PCM....