Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (Enabling Flex Fuel) E80A ECM '17 Cadillac ATS vs. E80A ECM '17 Camaro

Tuner in Training

(Enabling Flex Fuel) E80A ECM '17 Cadillac ATS vs. E80A ECM '17 Camaro

Question for the group and HPTuners:

I was told that the code had been cracked on the 2017 Cadillac ATS for enabling Flex Fuel, so I purchased the sensor and installed it. Went into HPT (w/latest beta version), and enabled the master flex fuel setting and started logging ethanol content. Results were only confusing, as the scanner only displays ethanol content of 4.3% without ever changing. In consultation with peers and seasoned tuners alike, I was told the 4.3% is an error. I was also told that under the master enable, there should be a sensor selection to enable, however it isn't there in the ATS (see photo's below).

17 ATS.jpg17 Camaro.png

My question is, has the flex fuel option been truly enabled on the 2017 Cadillac ATS 2.0T?

-Paul

My 2016 has the fuel sensor tab and I set it up but still getting 4.3% what kind of error would that be?

Advanced Tuner
    Same issue here excpet its showing 6.2... 2017 Camaro 2.0 E80A...
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    I believe only the 16 works for now. I am still waiting on my sensor to arrive to begin tuning.

Maybe it?s only certain ECMs that it?s not working properly in

Tuner in Training
    I wired my up and experienced the same issue with the alcohol/ethanol percentage stuck @ 4.3.

This is what mine looks like:
    e80.PNG

Everyone should contact HPTuners support for this so it can be fixed faster. Unless this has to do with configuration.
    Last edited by scottyl; 03-08-2020 at 08:14 PM.

I sent an email to support with my hpt file and have not received a response. I also sent another email concerning a 2018 Camaro and that was quick for them to respond at

Tuner in Training
    They told me they don't offer any help which is bs.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    unless you have a feature request or a problem with the software they typically dont help. sounds like you worded your message in a way that lead the staff to believe you were looking for a "how do i use this" kind of question. Those questions go straight to the circular file my friend. Been doing that since i can remember which is way back around the 05-08 time frame. Occasional nuggets of information on the forum but thats about it.
    They are always glad to help track feature requests or legitimate issues that relate directly to their software.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I?ll try again and word it differently. I have used support many times and always got help

Tuner in Training
    I guess so...I tried to give them enough information and tell them I did not believe it was working properly. However, others have figured it out apparently...I thought it had to do with my wiring originally but everything seems to be in order.

Vasquezz, how did you wire the sensor? Did you add the molex pin to the fuse block or did you tap the ignition fuse? I wired to pin 70 on the grey connector and used a fuse tap from the ignition fuse to power it. Ground is next to the fuse block engine ground.

Yes added the moles pin to the fuse box and used ground from the brace by the sensor. Just like it showed on the instructions. I received the incorrect instructions for pinning the ecm so I had to call zzp. But after wiring everything I got power and ground to the connector so I know it?s wired up properly. I turned on flex fuel on the flex fuel tab, verified the settings are correct and turned on diagnostics and enabled diagnostics on the fuel system tab as well.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah and I doubt ZZP will share any info regarding the tune.

Tuner in Training
    Any luck?

Tuner in Training
    My '17 works no issues, currently running flex at E40

Tuner in Training
    What sensor? What's your setup look like? If I can figure this out I will do a proper write up and post it on the forum.

Tuner in Training
    Im using the ZZP Sensor. pinned to the #70 on x3

Tuner in Training
    i did notice the sensor enable on parameter 20220 is gone in the new version 4.6, It was in the 4.5 beta because thats how i enabled it

Tuner in Training
    its in the beta 4.7 version, just checked

Tuner in Training
    So you were reading 4.3% on version 4.5 and then updated, no issues? I just updated my hptuners and will try it out in the morning.