Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: (Enabling Flex Fuel) E80A ECM '17 Cadillac ATS vs. E80A ECM '17 Camaro

I talked to tyler at ZZP and he told me he doesn?t know about how their tuner sets it up but that it should be like any other flex fuel. I just enabled it like I have done Camaro and corvettes before, but just keep the error. I will update the software and try again

Tuner in Training
    You gave to talk to Matt, hes the tuner and would know. I just tried the newest version and my sensor is still suck @ 4.3%

Mines the same. Updated and reflashed and nothing. I?m gonna check and make sure the pin is seated correctly again.

Tuner in Training
    I contacted support and made them aware of the 16 vs 17 ecm issue. I also ordered another sensor to see if the one I'm using is just bad.

Do you have a 17 file to compare with the 16?

Tuner in Training
    I do not. Maybe OP can supply his.

Tuner in Training
    Any luck?

I?m gonna try flashing with the beta tomorrow and see what happens.

Tuner in Training
    Tried it with the new update. still stuck.

Maybe it is a different pin for the 2016? Or the software hasn?t been updated for the 16

Tuner in Training
    Did you have little blue pins like in the instructions? Mine had black pin seats that had to be pushed out from the opposite end. I think we may have a different ECU pin....mine did not look like the 17+ or the 13-15

Yea it was blocked off by black cylinder inside the pin hole. It?s like that on other cars I have done the flex fuel kit install on. Including 2010-2015 Camaro, 2008-2013 corvettes, and silverados

Any update?

Tuner in Training
    Hptuners support told me the newest version should work. This was late last week. For some reasons I couldn't update till last night(demo version had a bug). I will do it after work today and see if its working now.

Newest version of the beta?

Update: I updated to the newest beta and still getting the same error
    Last edited by Vasquezz1228; 03-24-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    This is now working, 4.7.106 Beta for 16 E80 8sp.e85.PNG

Tuner in Training
    FYI. I had issues with using another sensor. It would display a higher E content then what it should. As you see, the picture above is around ~80 percent but the actual ethanol % was around 44(93+e85). You can adjust the frequency to compensate, I chose to switch the sensor to ACDelco 13577394. Make sure you get this sensor as it has longer connectors which make it easier to disconnect. The other e85 sensor I had was shorter and a huge pain to remove because a quick release tool wouldn't fit. Spend the extra money and get the right sensor. I also had an issue with the flex fuel low circuit, however, the sensor is operational and working fine. The code would only come on startup. The code is because it was set to "MIL on First", after turning it to MIL on Second, I had no issues. I believe it is just a issue with the ground when initially starting the vehicle but it doesn't affect the drive-ability or function of the sensor.

I plan on doing a write-up on the install, parts required and tuning required.

Should I try a different sensor? Everything is wired up properly and set up the right way in the file but still have the same error. Could it actually be the sensor?

Tuner in Training
    I would maybe try another sensor but its kind of shooting in the dark. Can you show me screenshots of your changes and or supply the tune file. I can compare it to what I did and see.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyl View Post
    I would maybe try another sensor but its kind of shooting in the dark. Can you show me screenshots of your changes and or supply the tune file. I can compare it to what I did and see.
    alright here is my file. i am still getting the error so i hope i may have overlooked something.

test112.hpt