Thread: Tune write failed, no start

Tuner in Training

Tune write failed, no start

I have a 2012 ram 5500 I am working on for my buddy. It had a delete tuner on it and was removed without being unlocked from what we were told. So we hooked up all new emissions, and I tried to write a stock file into it with HPTUNERS. Upon erasing it only achieves 12%, then immediately begins to write file, then at 7% write it aborts and states failed.

The truck did run prior to this and now it does nothing. Any ideas or direction is greatly appreciated .

Banned
    Flash a clean calibration to it with something else, re-read the ecm with HP Tuners after and then write with HP Tuners.

Tuner in Training
    That's essentially what I did. I read it, it sent me a generic file for the vin. Then when I went to write it with hptuners it failed. And continue to fail.

Banned
    Read all of what I said

Banned
    Also if it?s been flashed by Chrysler between the previous tuning device being removed and you attempting to write it with HP Tuners, good possibility the ECM is locked.

Tuner in Training
    Any way to unlock it? Where can i get a calibration file? What else could I use?

Tuner in Training
    Also, not sure if it would've made a difference, but swapped the ecm out, no rewrite. And still no crank.

Banned
    One thing that needs to be done before every flash is to have charged up batteries. If the voltage is too low it will fail. If the ECM is locked, MM3, EFILive, Bully Dog unlocks them.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, any chance an h&s minimaxx could do it? Would require an unlock code correct?

Tuner in Training
    Just curious, why can't hptuners write over what's on the ecm? I always thought that the tuner was locked to the ecm, not the ecm locked. Just curious

Banned
    H&S minimaxx can do it if the ECM is locked. I?m not sure with H&S but Bully Dog uses Brazil calibrations which causes issues, H&S looks just like a Bully Dog. There?s a major difference between a tuner being locked to an ECM and the ECM being locked by an updated calibration flash right from Chrysler. Verify the batteries do have a solid full charge as well.

so HP basically told me kick rocks tow your truck to the dealer and pay to ATTEMPT to reflash my PCM. I went to the junkyard bought a steering column with keys and the matching PCM from the same vehicle $150 and some more credits lol thank you i removed the SKIM box from the column taped the key to it plugged it in and put it under the dash plugged in the PCM and im back to where i started it seems to be a problem i think the cord that came with my unit is bad when it failed to write very thing was fully charged the laptop was on the seat lol im scared to upload away from home