Thread: 2005 Ford explorer 4.6L

Tuner in Training

2005 Ford explorer 4.6L

Newbe alert!

I'm currently building an LS motor for my 91 Suburban and Have read, watched and sorta comprehend what is going on over there based on previous motorcycle,ATV tuning. My HPtuners MPVI2 Came in today and I decided to plug it into my Explorer just to get a feel for what is going on. It is nothing like I expected. Where are all the tables? Non of this makes sense to me. Is the Explorer just extremely under ...um..explored? I'm not looking to go nuts on the Ford, It's my daily driver and it has plenty of power now as is, I just really want to learn to tune Fords also. explorer stock read 2-24-2020.hpt Can anyone take a look at this and tell me if this is normal for Fords or am I just this lucky?

Advanced Tuner
    It's a little light. It may be that's not fully supported yet. Send in a ticket and see if you can get full support on it.

Tuner in Training
    I have a ticket in with William. I just asked about adding any more support.

In the mean time, do you know any reason why my o2 and injectors aren't logging anything on the default charts? I'm guessing I just dont have it setup right.

Advanced Tuner
    You would need to post up your config and a log to get help with that I think. FYI the stock O2 on these are essentially binary and not very useful for tuning. You will want a wideband if you expect to go very far with it. You want to log STFT+LTFT to adjust fuel trims. What are you trying to get to log from the injectors?

in VCM scanner click the Vehicle tab, repoll for supported parameters. All of the options for the vehicle should populate.

Tuner
    Just curious, are you in advanced view? In editor go to edit-view. If youre not in advanced a majority a tables are not in view...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    You would need to post up your config and a log to get help with that I think. FYI the stock O2 on these are essentially binary and not very useful for tuning. You will want a wideband if you expect to go very far with it. You want to log STFT+LTFT to adjust fuel trims. What are you trying to get to log from the injectors?

in VCM scanner click the Vehicle tab, repoll for supported parameters. All of the options for the vehicle should populate.
    It's pretty well stock aside from a dynomax muffler.

I have this ridiculous lag in the throttle from a dead stop. No matter how gentle I am with the pedal its got a rubberband affect on the engine. If I could improve that and stop the random stalls when slowing down to make a turn I would be happy. The stalls come and go. Haven't had one in a few months then 3 tonight. I left my tuner at work today or I would go and try to log that problem tonight. As far as the O2 and injector, I'm not so concerned with them, Just thought it was odd to not see them in the graph but I'm starting to figure out if it's not in the channels, I won't see it in the graph.

Driver demand torque table has a pretty random -2 at 1400 rpm. whats that about?
    Attached Files Attached Files