Thread: '09 CTS-V O2S monitor not setting

Potential Tuner

'09 CTS-V O2S monitor not setting

Hey everybody, I am working on a 2009 CTS-V, M6, with Kooks headers, intake, high-flow cats, pulley, and (I believe) injectors. This car came to me several years ago to make it pass smog, and I was able to do it. Since then it has changed hands, and the new owner brought it to the dealer, and they reflashed it back to stock. I have now reloaded the old base tune (sent to me by the tuner who did the mods back in 2010), but I cannot figure out what I did a few years back to make it set all of the monitors.

Here's what I have done so far:
    1. It was throwing Insufficient Switching codes for B1S1 & B2S1 (P1133 & P1153), so I replaced both upstream O2s with new Denso units. Cleared codes, and after a few drive cycles the codes came back.

2. I unchecked P1133 & P1153 boxes, and changed the drop down from ?MIL on second error? to ?no error reported?. I noted that P0420 & P0430 boxes are also set to "no error reported".

3. I have put perhaps 250 miles on the car since the above changes were made, and all monitors are now set, with the exception of the O2S monitor.

So, with the above information, what does the HPTuners Brain Trust think I should do next?

-Should I continue to perform drive cycles - is there a chance that it is going to set and I haven't given it enough time?

-Should I experiment with O2 spacers? If so, upstream or downstream?

-Tuning/settings changes?

Tune and logs attached. If anyone wants a specific type of driving logged (such as a long steady-state cruise, or 4th gear WOT, etc), I would be happy to do so.

Current Tune CTS-V.hpt
    CTSVidlelog.hpl
    CTSVidle+drive.hpl
    CTShotstart+freeway.hpl
    CTScoldstart+drive.hpl
    Last edited by Mullet5; 02-25-2020 at 12:39 PM.