Thread: 2005 Mustang GT Wideband fluctuations | Log, Tune, and video |

Tuner in Training

2005 Mustang GT Wideband fluctuations | Log, Tune, and video |

I am trying to calibrate the MAF. When logging the EQ ratio jumps around from .70-1.0. Even slowing the playback speed it's all over the place. I have an AEM 30-4110 wideband.

What I have tried after reading wideband threads:

• I am currently using an add-a-fuse in the interior fuse box. Under the dash ground. I have tried power from fuse box under the hood and grounding to multiple places under the hood. Similar results.
    • Tried multiple under dash ground locations. Bought a new 02 sensor and it performs the same.
    • Set up 02 through transform...

Why is it fluctuating from .7 - 1.0+?

Thanks for taking a look!

Attached log and calibration file. See uploaded video. Marcel 05 GT Creating Tune v2.hpt 2-24-20 02 Sensor.hpl

show, how and where is your sensor located!

Advanced Tuner
    Seeing the gauge go to 1.00 when the RPM come up makes me suspect an air leak in the exhaust. Obviously, something is not quite right with the analog -> digital transform or wiring.

Advanced Tuner
    I think you have the wrong transform selected. Did you calibrate when you did the install?

Tuner in Training
    Wideband is on the passenger side before cat. In the first photo the closest O2 sensor is the factory in the cat and furthest away is the AEM. Second photo is the AEM.

There was a problem when I had the shop weld the bung. They punched a hole with a torch and welded in the bung. The sensor would not thread because of the edges of metal where it was punched in. Took it back and had it fixed.

IMG_20200227_100457043 - Copy.jpgIMG_20200227_100622236 - Copy.jpg

When I added my 02 to the scanner I added channel> External Inputs> Serial Port> Aem - EQ Ratio
    I right clicked on it went to transform> Oxygen Sensors> EQ Ratio> AEM 30-4110

I have heard of clean air calibration. If I remember correctly it's not required for this sensor.

Tuner in Training
    I checked for an exhaust leak by blowing air from the tail pipe forward, listening and feeling for air leaks. Unsuccessful. While I was under the car I snugged up the manifold to mid-pipe connection and 02 sensors.

How have you found a non-obvious exhaust leak?

Advanced Tuner
    Can you see soot on the exhaust anywhere? Let the vehicle run, crawl around under it and hold your hand close to the exhaust, you will be able to feel the air pulse. Usually you can hear an exhaust leak while driving under high load low RPM driving, that should give you a rough estimate of where it will be.

Tuner in Training
    I found the exhaust leak Where the exhaust manifold connects to the mid pipe is leaking at least 50% around. Bad news, the exhaust manifold stud broke. Now it's a huge leak Having it repaired Friday.

Tuner in Training
    Had the exhaust leak repaired. I rechecked for leaks. Put a leaf blower in the tail pipe and sprayed soapy water looking for bubbles. It passed the test. Wideband is still going nuts. What do you guys think the next step is to trouble shoot?

Advanced Tuner
    Somethings crazy with your gauge setup. The hptuners screen is showing you rich, which jives with what the ECM thinks is going on (stft are pulling fuel) but your gauge is showing lean the entire time. Have you consulted the manual, or contacted AEM?

Advanced Tuner
    May help to log/show the NBs for comparison.

Tuner in Training
    Added narrow bands. IRC the narrow bands at -1.5 are adding fuel and 1.5 is removing fuel. And within 3% should be normal. The gauge is doing it's own thing. The EQ in the log is doing it's own thing.

RTFM. I agree. I came here after I hit a dead end and read other threads. I have not contacted AEM.

3-9-20.hpl

get a real gauge. aem generally runoff a bit. i have an extra ngk afx