Thread: MMX "87 MM" Throttle Body

Tuner in Training

Angry MMX "87 MM" Throttle Body

So I ordered a MMX "87 mm" throttle body and I would like to make a public service announcement about it. First of all, there is terrible pitting in the casting. The main reason for this post however, is that it DOES NOT MEASURE 87MM!. MMX's "87mm" throttle body, in fact measures.........80MM!. That's right!. It is the same diameter at the throttle blade as stock! Now we can argue all day about how much, if any, gain there is to a larger throttle body, but it doesn't help that they are out here scamming people with this $hi+! I thought perhaps I could gain something since I have their NSR stg 3 cam ( which I actually really like ), but obviously if the minor diameter is the same as stock, it's not going to pick up any power. I feel like I have been scammed. To make it worse, my only options are to pay for the shipping to return it or drive to the nearest shop in Martinsville, Va. Please do not make my mistake.

Tuner in Training
    Did you talk to them first ?

Why didn't you buy the BBK one ?
    2015 200s 3.6 AWD
    luciddeath/Demigod tuned
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    They only offered to return it, shipped at my expense. They didn't explain the false advertising of the throttle body. I didn't buy the BBK because I have heard a few people say their's died within a year.
    Last edited by Iceyrider; 02-28-2020 at 08:46 PM.

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar
    Had the same issue. Go lt it for a deal and resold it before i even put it on. Alot of aftermarket companies take advantage of people that dont know very much. Real bad in the Mopar world

Tuner in Training
    I can see why people say boost it and be done. It seems to be the only mod with significant repeatable gains. There are too many companies selling over marketed, under performing mods for NA Hemis. For what it's worth their cam is pretty good, but it is just a slightly milder Comp 270.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbobuick View Post
    Did you talk to them first ?

Why didn't you buy the BBK one ?
    I have seen a few posts about issues with BBK throttle bodies.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...9&viewfull=1#c
    Last edited by Homer; 03-28-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceyrider View Post
    I can see why people say boost it and be done. It seems to be the only mod with significant repeatable gains. There are too many companies selling over marketed, under performing mods for NA Hemis. For what it's worth their cam is pretty good, but it is just a slightly milder Comp 270.
    True, unless you really just have to have a choppy idle, boost is the best mod you can do for a hemi.
    Even a baby 4-5lb boost will make more power than you can ever get NA and driveability actually improves!
    Last edited by Hemituna; 03-28-2020 at 05:14 PM.