Thread: Write tune question, very first write went wrong...

Tuner

Write tune question, very first write went wrong...

First time ever loading anything, I made some minor tuning changes to PE and driver demand on my 14 GMC sierra 5.3l e92 pcm. I was ready to write file so I began the write. The progress bar was doing its thing and it competed, but nothing else happened and the "WRITE" button in the window was still in bold blue outline... Well I already hit the button once so I hit close window. Truck started and I drove it and it seemed weird, engine light on and had loss of comm with ecm/pcm. Manual shift mode was not functional. Well so I went back to the files and put my stock tune back in, same way hitting the close button after first completed status bar. Everything seems to be okay not after I cleared code. WAS I SUPPOSED TO HIT WRITE A SECOND TIME? Something didn't go right it feels.
    14 GMC sierra 5.3

Nope. You should only have to pick which computer you want to write too, so either PCM or TCM and click the write button once. It should finish and then you can click close in the bottom right corner.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Okay so if I was just writing the engine I would leave that at write cal and on the TCM I would choose DO NOT WRITE? I see there is a check box for custom key, I assume that gets left alone?
    14 GMC sierra 5.3