Thread: os 2020005 segment swap help

Potential Tuner

os 2020005 segment swap help

100% completely new to this but was hoping to be able to do a segment swap for 4l80. I just installed the 4l80 and was hoping to be able to swap a stock file until I could get the truck to the tuner to have him make some tweaks. I've read that I need to do a segment swap using a tune with the same OS but have searched and searched and downloaded numerous files. I'm having no luck finding a file in the tune repository w an OS 2020005 match. Someone please point me in the right direction. Truck is a 2002 Sierra w a 6.0 swap and have everything to install lsa supercharger but was getting the 4l80 and other supporting mods squared away first.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like the computer you have was probably tuned with EFI Live first because that is modded/upgraded operating system already.

Segment swaps work with factory OS's.

Somebody with other software might be able to make it a 4L80e file but I don't think you will have any luck with HP Tuners by yourself.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Looks like the computer you have was probably tuned with EFI Live first because that is modded/upgraded operating system already.

Segment swaps work with factory OS's.

Somebody with other software might be able to make it a 4L80e file but I don't think you will have any luck with HP Tuners by yourself.
    And here I was thinking it would be somewhat easy w the segment swap

Advanced Tuner
    Better off to find a fresh base file, segment swap that, then upgrade to a HPTuners Enhanced OS for the PCM. The OS in question is an EFILive COS, so you won't be able to find a segment to swap in via HPTuners, you have to start with a non-COS/Enhanced OS and segment swap that.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned