Thread: 2012 silverado 5.3 help

Potential Tuner

2012 silverado 5.3 help

So I had the colapsed lifter that these motors love to get. Took it to the dealership and they wanted $5k to fix the problem. A few guys told me to go with the Brian Tooley Racing stage 2 cam. Well that requires a DOD and VVT delete as well. Has anyone done this and have a baseline tune they used?

Senior Tuner
    We do a bunch of them. It's a pretty straightforward swap. The BTR Stage 2 cam is a good one. I typically use the LSXceleration Stage 2.1 cam. It's also a NSR cam.
    You can buy a DOD Delete cam kit along with one of those cams. You'll also need a 2007-08 timing cover and an LS2 style 3 bolt/4X cam gear and bolts.

As far as the tune, you can adjust the idle speed tables, minimum air flow tables, cranking airflow tables, and disable the VVT on either of those grinds. Let me know if you'd like to email me your calibration file. I do a lot of these.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah. I bought everything from BTR, it is just the tune that has me worried. I would love any help you could give me.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ibewiggin View Post
    Yeah. I bought everything from BTR, it is just the tune that has me worried. I would love any help you could give me.
    My email is [email protected]