View Poll Results: Did the 2018 LTG will fit 2015 LTG CAR

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its same Block and will fit.

1 50.00%
  • No, its not the same block and dint fit.

1 50.00%

Thread: LTG 2.0 Cracked Piston, swap 2015 block to 2018, possible ?

Tuner in Training

Unhappy LTG 2.0 Cracked Piston, swap 2015 block to 2018, possible ?

Hello People, i have a Chevrolet Malibu 2.0 2015 Year, my happy days are ended, during night city cruise, during small hill climbing i heard a small boom and i got cracked piston in 1st cylinder and seriously damaged wall.
    so as i talked to mechanic and read on web, these block are highly not recommended for bore sleeve.
    so i need a "new" engine.
    also as i read on the web forums and etc, the problem with weak pistons is until 2016-2017, so i looked for that engine, from 2016-2018 years, my mechanic found one, from camaro ( or ats ) 2018 year, in good condition, but it need a special ordering, because they are not importing them on regular basis, and they are didnt sure if the block of that engine is same, because the 2018 car is 8 speed transmission and possibly another bolt pattern that 2015 6speed, im 99% sure that its the same, the difference only in engine mount ( front cover for FWD and RWD are not same ), the block mounts i think is the same. also a i checked a GM site, and they are offers Manual transmision kit for LTG engine, and didnt specify any year that it fit, so im pretty sure that they are same, but if anyone know, i will be happy to know, to order the wrong engine and throw it in trash if it didnt fit. ( i know that i need to replace a front cover, maybe a oil pan, and valve cover maybe other thing, its not important. )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    So, after a long story. i answering for myself.
    Yes, the block is same, but have some not compatible parts.
    1. Fuel Rail Pressure sensor. ( need to be swapped from old rail or buy a brand new for 2015MY ), The 2018 have same connector, but the sensor looks like its reversed ( its shows 250 BAR pressure without starting engine, and about 170 when cranking )
    2. Front engine Cover ( timing chain cover ), need to be swapped from old engine or buy a new one, its have different engine mount hole spacing ( its look very similar, but don"t repeat my error ).
    3. The most useless issue is a PCV tube that goes from valve cover to the intake tube before turbo, its too long, swapped from old engine ( planing to get catch can ).
    all other sensors and mount are same, i swapped engine from 2018 Buick regal 2.0.