Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Silverado 5.3 WOT lean shift from 1st to second and 3rd to 4th

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cruz1383 View Post
    cmitchell17 you can try this

[15026.156] >1 you do need to be logging accelerator pedal position in order for it to work.

i also tweaked (all i did was put a 2 at the end instead of the 1) Sevinn's filter he posted and it weeded out a lot of the false data you had on your graph. you had a 23.26 error ratio on there and with this filter it weeded that out which was more then likely a false positive from holding the throttle too lightly or letting off throttle and HP tuners still picking it up.

[50070.56.slope(250)] > 0 and [50118.238] < 2
    Setting that to less than 2 is basically useless because eq ratio should always be less than 2. The filter was supposed to be such that it was only collecting WOT data. I can post some better filters in the morning for cruise data.

Tuner in Training
    thank you for the help on this Sevinn. i have noticed that he has a lot of issues with his data. do you think his wideband needs to possibly be replaced ?

Advanced Tuner
    thank you for the help on this Sevinn. i have noticed that he has a lot of issues with his data. do you think his wideband needs to possibly be replaced ?
    I think his wideband looks alright. These things read at a pretty high rate and can look a bit erratic, however I can say that in the log he posted it doesn't appear to be from a fully SD tune as the maf is failed but it says it's in hi speed mode over 4k.

This is a filter I like to use when gathering part throttle data in closed loop for both maf and ve. Don't have to turn off dfco or anything to get good data with it, but won't hurt to do either.

Requires throttle position, vehicle speed, commanded eq, and coolant temp to be logged. You can

([50091.156] < 75) AND ([50091.156.avg(500)] < 75) AND ([50091.156.avg(-500)] < 75) AND ([50020.114.slope(500)] = 0 OR [50020.114.slope(500)] > 0) AND ([50020.114.slope(-500)] = 0 OR [50020.114.slope(-500)] > 0) AND [50118.238] = 1 and [50010.242] > 160

If tuning open loop with the wb, honestly I'll typically just nix the filters and turn off dfco and force a high cell count in the graph and it works out pretty well.

Tuner
    looks like to me you're idling way to low. Set it to 650rpm.
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    I think his wideband looks alright. These things read at a pretty high rate and can look a bit erratic, however I can say that in the log he posted it doesn't appear to be from a fully SD tune as the maf is failed but it says it's in hi speed mode over 4k.

This is a filter I like to use when gathering part throttle data in closed loop for both maf and ve. Don't have to turn off dfco or anything to get good data with it, but won't hurt to do either.

Requires throttle position, vehicle speed, commanded eq, and coolant temp to be logged. You can

([50091.156] < 75) AND ([50091.156.avg(500)] < 75) AND ([50091.156.avg(-500)] < 75) AND ([50020.114.slope(500)] = 0 OR [50020.114.slope(500)] > 0) AND ([50020.114.slope(-500)] = 0 OR [50020.114.slope(-500)] > 0) AND [50118.238] = 1 and [50010.242] > 160

If tuning open loop with the wb, honestly I'll typically just nix the filters and turn off dfco and force a high cell count in the graph and it works out pretty well.
    thank you for all your help Sevinn i really appreciate all you have done for me and from reading on this forum this community as well. i will try and use this filter for my regular part throttle.

"I'll typically just nix the filters and turn off dfco and force a high cell count in the graph and it works out pretty well." im assuming you are talking about just driving and hitting as many cells as you can as many times as you can before calling it good..... also do you do smoothing of any kind on the cells (sometimes you get high spots and then during the zone transition it will dip down and then it might come back up.) i have seen the goatrope videos and they are good practicals and he shows smoothing but very minimal( or interpolation) guess my question would be is your map supposed to look like perfect (or as seamless) transitions from zone to zone or is the end result going to have dips etc....

Advanced Tuner
    thank you for all your help Sevinn i really appreciate all you have done for me and from reading on this forum this community as well. i will try and use this filter for my regular part throttle.

"I'll typically just nix the filters and turn off dfco and force a high cell count in the graph and it works out pretty well." im assuming you are talking about just driving and hitting as many cells as you can as many times as you can before calling it good..... also do you do smoothing of any kind on the cells (sometimes you get high spots and then during the zone transition it will dip down and then it might come back up.) i have seen the goatrope videos and they are good practicals and he shows smoothing but very minimal( or interpolation) guess my question would be is your map supposed to look like perfect (or as seamless) transitions from zone to zone or is the end result going to have dips etc....
    I appreciate the kind words! I've learned alot from this forum so I try to help when I feel like I can.

You've got the right idea. I just set the cell count to 30 and go for a nice long mixed drive. Usually you can smooth things out a bit, but sometimes they want what they are going to want. Don't keep correcting around the same spot just to make it smooth. I wouldn't have huge transitions, but some bumps are going to be fine. Remember it's not a real VE surface, and take a look at the stock ones when you get a minute and you'll see that smoothness really doesn't matter on these. GRG actually had a pretty good video about setting VVE boundaries that you should go and check out. When you set the zone boundaries up a little more evenly than the stock calibrations you'll find that the transitions will end up looking a little better. All in all you're after a good driving vehicle. If you get that with a bumpy VVE surface so be it.

Tuner in Training
    sevinn i really appreciate the help.. i was doing 10 on the cell count so i guess ill just bump that up to 30 for the next time i go out.(probably tomorrow). ill also take a look at the stock vve tables as well. right now im still getting some -4s on some cells and positive 3-4 on some others nothing like the craziness i was getting before...i have looked at GRG's zone video but i havent touched the zones seeing as im still stock just intake.... but i will look at that video again and i might actually change out the zones if this 30 count long drives are not enough lol....
    Last edited by cruz1383; 03-15-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    sevinn i really appreciate the help.. i was doing 10 on the cell count so i guess ill just bump that up to 30 for the next time i go out.(probably tomorrow). ill also take a look at the stock vve tables as well. right now im still getting some -4s on some cells and positive 3-4 on some others nothing like the craziness i was getting before...i have looked at GRG's zone video but i havent touched the zones seeing as im still stock just intake.... but i will look at that video again and i might accually change out the zones if this 30 count long drives are not enough lol....
    No problem!

If you do change the zones I'd copy your existing surface first so that you can put it back after the rezoning. However for VE +/- 3% is usually ok in my book because it will swing pretty wildly depending on weather anyway.

Tuner in Training
    Cool man ill keep that in mind i guess im almost there finally. i just saw GRG's latest video and man that makes me feel good that my tune look 30times better then the one he reviewed... granted his review was of a supercharged vette but still the VVE table looked crazy...