Thread: 2.8L Duramax: Is there known generic tunes available?

Potential Tuner

2.8L Duramax: Is there known generic tunes available?

Hello All,

I am questioning attemtping to tune a 2.8L duramax myself, i have tuned LS engines in the past on EFI Live, but i was told HP Tuners has tuning for the 2.8L figured out already and available, but i dont really see much info talking about it when i do a search. I am looking at putting the 2.8L in a Jeep Wrangler and all the tuners ive contacted refuse to do tuning due to the crack down on diesels lately.

Tuning Addict
    They're actually fairly easy to tune on the engine side. Trans side is a whole different story and I've actually found the newer trans fluid to fix a lot of the trans issues. I did some writing up on them for fuel mileage and extended regens. I will tell you to keep the power dialed back as the 2.8 is not a very stout motor after gm redesigned vm motori's 2.8 with their own nvh weight savings and so on not to mention that unless you have a 19ish engine you will have injector issues... EFI lacks a whole whole lot on these and hpt is currently adding in some missing tables or at least they were... Leave mode 9 stock on injection, but tweak the turbo slightly - cold engine operation only and then focus on modes 0, 1 and 2...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC