Thread: Removing ALL Torque Management on Engine Side OK?

Tuner in Training

Removing ALL Torque Management on Engine Side OK?

Hey guys,

I've been really getting into HP tuners over the last several months. Ive seen several buddies turn off the TQ MGMT on the Engine side but leave it stock on the trans side. Is this okay or is this frowned upon?

It looks like all the engine side values are changed from 280 ft lbs to max and the trans input value is maxed out as well.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated guys!

This is my daily and wouldn't want to grenade it. You guys have tons of knowledge and I have read other threads but nothing discussing engine side only.

I have long tubes, hi flow cats, a cai, ported TB and that is all.

This is an a6 car.

Thank you in advance!

Potential Tuner
    I would like to know this too.

Tuner in Training
    from everything I know, simply disabling it on either side can cause problems. There are so many factors that correlate into these parameters. You are much better off Raising the torque limit to somewhere close to what you are producing than doing away with it completely. Only reason to raise those limits really is if the ecm is limiting your tune via the torque parameters. Best guess is its not really a limting factor for your set up as its not calculating actual torque, its a theoretical estimation. Post a log file and some people here can look it over and tell you if they see it limiting anything

Tuner in Training
    Will do when I get a chance. I know the tables show on the engine side a limit of 280 ft lbs of torque and I know I'm making a good bit more than that lol dyno back in the summer I believe showed in the high 300s to the wheels. Around 384ish I believe.

Tuner in Training
    If the dyno is showing 380 something you could probably set the max torque on the engine side to 350ft/lbs and be just fine. Alternatively, you could add the channels for traction control and engine torque to your scanner and log what they are doing. the tcs would be the function that would limit you there. It will measure in percentage. if you are getting into the 90% range then bump up your torque limit some