Thread: 2008 Charger SRT8 with Procharger / goes lean after a dyno pull

2008 Charger SRT8 with Procharger / goes lean after a dyno pull

Hey Guys I'm experiencing an odd issue and wondering if anybody else has come across this. The car is a 2008 Charger SRT8 with a procharger. I dialed in the tune pretty good and the trims are within 10% however after a do a full throttle dyno pull and the car returns back to idle the fuel trims go crazy high to around +38% at idle and cruising. If I shut the car off and start it again the trims are once again fine and start to correct back and are within 10% again. The car is equip with a wideband gauge and it is closed looping to the proper AFR of 14.7 when it does this. Also after the dyno pull when the lean condition occurs the trans seems a little sluggish during the gear changes as well. Could this be some type of limp mode that is occurring? I've attached a copy of the tune file as well as 2 datalog files. The Lean Condition datalog is how the car behaves after a dyno pull and the Normal Condition Datalog is after turning the car off and then on again.

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Shawn
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Musky@RG View Post
    Hey Guys I'm experiencing an odd issue and wondering if anybody else has come across this. The car is a 2008 Charger SRT8 with a procharger. I dialed in the tune pretty good and the trims are within 10% however after a do a full throttle dyno pull and the car returns back to idle the fuel trims go crazy high to around +38% at idle and cruising. If I shut the car off and start it again the trims are once again fine and start to correct back and are within 10% again. The car is equip with a wideband gauge and it is closed looping to the proper AFR of 14.7 when it does this. Also after the dyno pull when the lean condition occurs the trans seems a little sluggish during the gear changes as well. Could this be some type of limp mode that is occurring? I've attached a copy of the tune file as well as 2 datalog files. The Lean Condition datalog is how the car behaves after a dyno pull and the Normal Condition Datalog is after turning the car off and then on again.

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Shawn
    Did you try setting (enable ECT) to 376 ([ECM] 44499 - Minimum ECT to Allow DFCO: Above this ECT, DFCO will be allowed.)so it doesn't kick in on decel and see what happens. Just a guess on my part.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

i have a whipple and had this same issue and it was the correction factor for iat temperatures. when the car was started cold and run for a while it was fine but if i shut it off and restarted it after a few min it would be a little heatsoaked and the fuel trims would go from -5 to + 15 just like that so id check that area under airflow, speed density, corrections