Thread: Any bad ass tuners out there that can help me out?

Potential Tuner

Any bad ass tuners out there that can help me out?

Have a 2016 Jeep Wrangler with a 6.2 LT1 (8L90) swapped in.Tune is clunky, always has been. Shifts are often jerky down low 1-2, 2-3 mostly and at lower speeds. High speed freeway driving is pretty smooth but different throttle positions seem to always yield different stuff. Sometimes everything seems ok, other times shifts are jerky and don't feel "healthy" I would say. I'm looking for linear like in your average new car or truck. Is that too high of expectations? Also been hitting a limiter of some sort even though everything speedo is set at 300mph, when I put my foot in it to pass or maneuver in a critical situation. Swap shop has given me multiple tunes that never seem to live up to expectations, had it at a local place here in San Diego called JBA Speedshop where it was dyno tuned, $850 later and still not happy. Another dude recommended to me $450 and, "I'll work with you until you're happy," until the 3rd time (shifts were good but hitting a limiter) when he stopped responding. LOL! Swaps been in for a year with multiple code/electrical issues but otherwise happy-ish with the quality of the build, just need to get the tune thing dialed if possible. I have a HP Tuner but no idea how to tune and appears to have a pretty steep learning curve that I don't really have the time or inclination to learn but I will happily pay for the right tune. Thanks! Mark

Fix the electrical issues first. What are the electrical issues? Post a tune and any mods to the engine/trans besides the swap. I hate Jeeps, but this sounds cool. lol
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.