Thread: 2000 Silverado 4.8 with BTR turbo cam, no turbo yet, help with tuning!

Potential Tuner

2000 Silverado 4.8 with BTR turbo cam, no turbo yet, help with tuning!

I am working on my project truck, planning a turbo setup this year, but I don't have it yet. I installed a BTR 4.8 truck turbo cam, stage II. The truck will run, but starts poorly, and won't idle very well. Does anyone by chance have a base tune for something similar? Specs are:
    218/223 .598/.571 112+3

I am new to the tuning world, and my plug in comes tomorrow. I really want to drive the truck till I get the turbo in, I know the performance wont be fantastic, I just want it reliable.

Thanks!

Do you have a wideband set up? You'll need that too. When you get your dongle, post a tune file and hopefully someone can help you.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

Potential Tuner
    I dont have a wideband yet, I didn't think I needed one right away. I am looking into getting one soon, I have seen you can connect it to stock ECM on my 4.8 through the EGR input, doing more research on that.

Not sure how to post my log file.

A wideband is a must on anything GM V8 related. It's impossible to know how exactly you need to fix the fueling because these vehicles run narrowband o2 sensors.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.