Thread: 2016 Mustang GT Adding 2018 ported Intake Manifold w/ IRMC, Tune Instruction Please

Potential Tuner

2016 Mustang GT Adding 2018 ported Intake Manifold w/ IRMC, Tune Instruction Please

Hello, I have 2016 Mustang Gt and will be adding a ported 2018 Intake manifold and do not see any complete instruction of what parameters need to be changed. I see mixed opinions on like IRMC etc. Any professionals able to provide some insight of what I need to change or someone with similar setup. 2016 BBK longtubes, No cats, offroad exhaust, JLT CAI, manual trans, track pac 3.73 gears. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tjboulos View Post
    Hello, I have 2016 Mustang Gt and will be adding a ported 2018 Intake manifold and do not see any complete instruction of what parameters need to be changed. I see mixed opinions on like IRMC etc. Any professionals able to provide some insight of what I need to change or someone with similar setup. 2016 BBK longtubes, No cats, offroad exhaust, JLT CAI, manual trans, track pac 3.73 gears. Thanks
    Before I went supercharged I put a ported 2018 manifold on my 2014 GT. All I changed was the manifold volume to 12.5L & re-tuned the MAF. As far as IMRCs my car don't have that so I just put lockout brackets on it to keep em open with zip ties as a backup

With the stock intake, power fell off after 7k. With the ported 2018 it kept pulling YMMV.

Good luck!
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Potential Tuner
    Thank You for the response. I did find that setting and corrected to 12.5litres but what exactly did you set your MAF to? I?m going with using the IRMC so I don?t have to do anything there. Thanks again.

Advanced Tuner
    If the MAF is stock you should not have to touch it

Potential Tuner
    Ok. Thank You

Tuner in Training
    Do you just leave the imrc control stock or would you use 2018 imrc setting?

Potential Tuner
    Used the 2018 settings for IRMC and she is perfect. Changed the volume of the intake to the volume of the 2018 car settings. Will Dyno soon and see what the figures are. Definitely feel a difference in response and horse power. Happy so far.

Tuner in Training
    Are they're any other changes to make like voltage. Also what was the volume change to

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Momogt2015 View Post
    Also what was the volume change to
    I answered that in post #2. It's like I type information for nothing lol.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.

Potential Tuner
    You posted a question not a statement or experience you have. You don?t have to get ugly. Your post actually made me research that after I posted stock didn?t work so thanks for you post.

Potential Tuner
    It was 12.5

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tjboulos View Post
    You posted a question not a statement or experience you have. You don?t have to get ugly. Your post actually made me research that after I posted stock didn?t work so thanks for you post.
    First off, my post (see below) did not contain a single question and was EXACTLY a statement of my experience! Secondly you researched the answer after reading my post which already had the answer in it. So.....

Clearly you are trolling me or have some sort of issue with reading and comprehension. Either way I was just trying to help you and this is what I get for it.

From post #2:

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    Before I went supercharged I put a ported 2018 manifold on my 2014 GT. All I changed was the manifold volume to 12.5L & re-tuned the MAF. As far as IMRCs my car don't have that so I just put lockout brackets on it to keep em open with zip ties as a backup

With the stock intake, power fell off after 7k. With the ported 2018 it kept pulling YMMV.

Good luck!

Tuner in Training
    Blackbolt, why did you retune the MAF? Did you change cai also? If I'm reading everything right doing a 2018+ manifold swap on my 2017 I'll just have to do the intake volume, disable the IMRC, and from research easiest and what seems to be the best is somehow make it only run off maps 14+ or well also read which does seem like a lot of work is to copy and paste the maps for open into all the closed maps.

Ported and locked out.

Haven't messed with cam timing at all yet. Was waiting for the intake swap. Just did spark.

Do I need to mess with cams to make run properly or just disable IMRCs and update the manifold volume? Should be those 2 things correct?